3 point Chipper ????

/ 3 point Chipper ???? #1  

TJP440

Tractor
Kubota b3200 & GR 2120
I'm in the market for a woodchipper and ran across these guys on sleaze bay. They have a machine somewhat similar to a Woodmaxx WM-8H which from my hours of research seems to be the top dog for my needs and compatibility with my B3200 (23 PTO HP)

They claim to have been in business 20 years and through the wording of their ads/website they some what lead one to believe their units are made in Canada. They also claim The Woodmaxx is a knockoff of their unit? Their website sounds like it was written by an experienced used car salesman.:rolleyes: THEIR VERSION LINK
The price is attractive BUT sounds a bit 🎣🎣🦈
So I thought I'd ask here for any experiences with them good or bad. They sell a lot of other implements as well.

My need is not regular but running out of places to put the limbs etc when the trees fall or die not to mention some have grown to 70+ feet tall.

TIA for any input
🍻

Last edited:
   / 3 point Chipper ???? #2  
I see one concern. With all those features - it's more than a remarkable price. Hydraulic in-feed, heavy rotor, easy access to knives, HD hydraulic motor. $2895.

A comparable Wallenstein - $10,450.

I hope somebody with product experience posts here with actual knowledge of the product.

/ 3 point Chipper ???? #3  
I'm in the market for a woodchipper and ran across these guys on sleaze bay. They have a machine somewhat similar to a Woodmaxx WM-8H which from my hours of research seems to be the top dog for my needs and compatibility with my B3200 (23 PTO HP)

They claim to have been in business 20 years and through the wording of their ads/website they some what lead one to believe their units are made in Canada. They also claim The Woodmaxx is a knockoff of their unit? Their website sounds like it was written by an experienced used car salesman.:rolleyes: THEIR VERSION LINK
So I thought I'd ask here for any experiences with them good or bad. They sell a lot of other implements as well.

My need is not regular but running out of places to put the limbs etc when the trees fall or die not to mention some have grown to 70+ feet tall.

TIA for any input
🍻
is this the same company?
yelp reviews

/ 3 point Chipper ???? #4  
How does one access the knives? or clear a jam? I don't see a hydraulic infeed. With only 23 hp you will be well served with adjustable infeed. I bought a Woodland Mills WC-88 several years ago. This unit doesn't compare well to it. (just ask me) Not even for the price difference.

/ 3 point Chipper ????
is this the same company?
yelp reviews
Would appear as so, A Big THANK YOU for that. The response I received from them on Ebay concurs with the yelp postings IMO
Capture.JPG

/ 3 point Chipper ???? #6  
It's similar to a Woodmaxx 8M, not 8H. The infeed power is mechanical not hydraulic. So it's only one feed rate and the engage/disengage mechanism might be a little funky. I have not used one so I don't know for sure.

I have a 8H on a 37hp tractor and I can easily bog it down. 23hp is not enough unless you are only chipping small branches, like 2" and less. If that's what you're doing the large throat will still be a benefit as you'll have to trim less.

The 8H is about 1100 lbs and this is probably similar. It sticks out a ways too making the weight have more effect. It's noticeable on my 6000 lb Branson. It might be too much for your tractor.

On an 8H you access the knives with doors on either side of the rotor housing. This appears to have similar doors.

It's only $300 less than a Woodmaxx 8M. I'd go with a more well known and supported Woodmaxx or Woodland Mills unit. A 6" might be more appropriate both for HP requirement and weight, and cost a little less too. Both companies make them.

/ 3 point Chipper ???? #7  
I have the same chipper but mine is from jinma. Bought from a shop out of Tennessee. Haven't had any problems. Tighten every bolt when you get it. Mine was like $2300 delivered to a freight dock in town. I run mine on my 32 PTO hp tractor at about 1800rpm. It will chip a 8" pine tree. I mostly chip brush, the outdoor burners gets the rest. I would buy it again.

/ 3 point Chipper ???? #8  

TIA for any input
🍻
How do you access the knives or clear a jam without a hydraulic infeed? With only 23 hp, an adjustable infeed would be more suitable. I purchased a Woodland Mills WC-88 several years ago, and this unit doesn't compare favorably to it. Feel free to ask me for more details, but even considering the price difference, it falls short.

/ 3 point Chipper ????
I want to thank all that responded and give an update. I went with the Woodmax WM-8H. And for any one looking for one, they are running a 30% 😳 off sale and 🤫🤫PSSST! free shipping If YOU ORDER ONLINE.
Lots of other things on sale as well 🍻🍻

/ 3 point Chipper ???? #10  
I am close to pulling the trigger on a Woodmaxx 8” chipper. Torn between the Mx series and the WM. The MX has a hydrostatic indeed and seems to have less hydraulic hose clutter. Maybe a little more user friendly. But the price on the WM is very attractive.