3-pt bouncing/bleeding

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding #31  
My '09 3510 does the same thing. The 3 point system bounces unless it's fully lowered. I found that by moving the front loader up or down or dumping or curling the bucket will stop it from bouncing. It's irritating. I know I've taken a short video of it.. but it's late and I'm tired.

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding
Sound like you need to do the same fix

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding #33  
My '09 3510 does the same thing. The 3 point system bounces unless it's fully lowered. I found that by moving the front loader up or down or dumping or curling the bucket will stop it from bouncing. It's irritating. I know I've taken a short video of it.. but it's late and I'm tired.

It's the piston seal. The seal is leaking oil by and the system knows it is supposed to keep the position of the three-point arms...so it lifts them, then the oil leaks and it drops, so it lifts them again. Pretty easy fix.

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding #36  
$120. The Branson seal had $27 written on it. Either way, just glad its fixed.

Thanks for the pics, that really helps understand what you did.

Who did you get the seals from?

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding #37  
Got it done, wasn't too bad. Just like Dave mentioned. Took everything apart to access the top of the rock shaft, the cover you need to take off is the one with the 3pt valve attached to it between your legs. The seal Dave mentioned was of course obliterated. So once the cover is off, just bounce the 3pt arms up and down to push the piston out, remove the old seal and guides, replace with the new ones, and reinstall. Simple process really.

View attachment 548096View attachment 548097View attachment 548098View attachment 548099View attachment 548100

what exactly did you have to remove to access it..?

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding
what exactly did you have to remove to access it..?

I removed the seat, plate beneath it, and the plate the covers your MFWD and PTO lever, then finally the bracing that holds the seat.

just bounce the 3pt arms up and down to push the piston out,

How is that done ? by hand lift and lower the arms?

Yes, just grab the arms by hand and bounce it up and down (not violently, you'll see it coming out slow with each up and down motion)