Loader 300 CX Loader sloppiness

/ 300 CX Loader sloppiness #1  
Tractor
John Deere 3720
I have a 3720 with 60 hours on it, 3 months old. I bought it with a CX 300 FEL. I never had the FEL off and it works great. I had to take the tractor in for a bent 3PT lift arm and told the dealer about some sloppiness between the FEL mounting frame and the Mast. Maybe I don't baby it enough. I never hit anything hard to where you would notice something. but I do lift some heavy loads and push quite a bit of dirt.
The dealer has it now, but between these two parts you could slide a 1/2 " shim between them. That is if you slid something along the top of the mounting frame toward the mast, there is a half inch gap between them when the bucket is in certain positions either lifting a load or putting down force on it. The thing is built pretty rugged so I can't see it sliding off, but that size of a gap is quite a bit, and the dealer told me it's only on one side mainly..

Any thoughts?

I didn't take any pictures and the dealer has it now so i should know something in a day or so. Thanks.
Thanks

Last edited:
   / 300 CX Loader sloppiness #3  
And there is adjustment in the arms (at least was on the ealier 430 loaders). I'd suspect sloppy installation at dealer setup. They are not designed that way.
And look at earlier threads, where dealers had the stubs (mounting posts) on backwards.

Pics, as said, would help pinpoint just where you see the slop.

/ 300 CX Loader sloppiness
I remember seeing that post someplace but not sure where. I'll check with the dealer tomorrow maybe an see if he found something. I didn't take any pictures before i took it in so I'll have to wait and see.

Thank

/ 300 CX Loader sloppiness #5  
assuming your mounting frames are installed correctly, with the bead in the upper forward corner, you can tighten it up. use the loader to pick the front tires up off the ground. on each side of the mast at the very top above the mounting frames, there is a quick release latch on each side. each latch has a bolt that is held with a set screw. back the set screw off and back the bolts out until they will barely clear when the latch is raised and lowered. once the bolts are backed out, tighten the set screw again. lower the front wheels back to the ground and your loader should be a lot tighter now.

/ 300 CX Loader sloppiness #6  
assuming your mounting frames are installed correctly, with the bead in the upper forward corner, you can tighten it up. use the loader to pick the front tires up off the ground. on each side of the mast at the very top above the mounting frames, there is a quick release latch on each side. each latch has a bolt that is held with a set screw. back the set screw off and back the bolts out until they will barely clear when the latch is raised and lowered. once the bolts are backed out, tighten the set screw again. lower the front wheels back to the ground and your loader should be a lot tighter now.

That is the big question! Seems the mounting frames can be installed on the wrong sides, quite a few post's in the past that cover that pretty well.

/ 300 CX Loader sloppiness #8  
I had the same issue with my dealer installed 300CX, lifted the front wheels with the bucket and adjusted the quick release nuts. That worked for awhile, but it was still sloppy and sometimes "popped" off the masts. I removed the loader and sure enough, the masts were on the wrong sides. I don't understand why JD doesn't stamp "right side" and "left side" on the masts.

/ 300 CX Loader sloppiness #9  
You're a damn Genius. I just bought one that was sloppy as all heck, and tried your suggestion. Worked like a charm. Thanks!

/ 300 CX Loader sloppiness #10  
Here is a thread with pictures that seem to show the mounts in the correct position.

Hope this helps!!