3000 series availability

/ 3000 series availability #1  

Mickey_Fx

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar Fx24D, Cub 3204
Was doing some looking on the Cub web site and I no longer see the 3000 series machines listed under L&G. Next did a web search for these machines and that took me back to the cub site. Found some info but spotted a note saying limited supply.

Has Cub dropped the 3000 series machines? Does limited supply mean they are drawing down on current inventory and then they are no more?

Here's the link. http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gallery_10051_14101_16205_16203_600000_-1_image

/ 3000 series availability #2  
Apparently since the Yanmar split they have dropped the 3000 & above lines and are pushing 2000 and Zero Turn mowers.

Bob B.

/ 3000 series availability #3  
I was wondering what you thought of your Yanmar. I'm currently looking at the LX Hst4100 and cannot find much information since they are so new

/ 3000 series availability #4  
huh??? yanmar was not used in the 3000 series it was a price factor on this unit

Apparently since the Yanmar split they have dropped the 3000 & above lines and are pushing 2000 and Zero Turn mowers.

Bob B.

/ 3000 series availability #5  
huh??? yanmar was not used in the 3000 series it was a price factor on this unit
Sorry if I confused you. I wasn't implying that Yanmar built the 3000 line but the Yanmar split and Cub dropping the 3000 line were near the same time frame.

Bob B.

/ 3000 series availability
It's a shame they've dropped that series as it was/is a real decent GT. Guess I blame Cub/MTD for lack or proper marketing. There is room for more than just JD marketing models in this price class.

I suspect this also means they've dropped their HD mower as they were shaft driven. At 265# they are a real bear. Don't know if any of the other mowers come with tapered roller bearings on the spindles nor offer all the grease fittings that are on these mowers. Remember when I was shopping for the tractor the dealer brought out the tractor with the std mower. Was early spring, grass growing fast and was over a ft. tall. The std mower couldn't handle the load and I mean the load would kill the engine. After some discussion dealer said they would swap out the mower for the HD model. A week later and grass close to 18", with the new mower, it cut the grass like a hot knife through warm butter.

Have had this equipment for 8 yrs now and NO regrets.

/ 3000 series availability #7  
I agree with you that the mower is a "real bear". I have a 2004 3235 with the 54 inch deck and leaf catcher. The old 1450 with 44A deck that I ran for 26 years had to have the deck removed and cleaned several times a year. My 1 acre yard has poor drainage and is often very wet. The 54 inch deck is almost more than I can handle (at my age) to remove, stand up on its side, and clean. It stays so clean that I've only had to clean it once every other year. Amazingly (knock on wood) it still has the original sealed battery. Last winter was the first year I decided to install a Battery Tender over the winter just in case. It has never failed to start in the spring.

Bob B.