3020 PTO Slipping

/ 3020 PTO Slipping #1  

MNBobcat

Platinum Member
Hi everyone,

I was pulling a 15 foot batwing mower behind my 3020 diesel on Sunday and twice when I got in the really heavy grass I noticed the drive shafts on the mower nearly stopped spinning. Is there a clutch plate that engages the PTO? Anyone know where its located? I'd like to replace/fix it before it gets worse.

Thanks!

/ 3020 PTO Slipping #2  
Power shift and synchro range tractors have different PTO clutch arrangements. Either clutch will require a split to access. You will need a service manual (preferably the OEM version) and a finger height gauge (synchro range) at the very least.

/ 3020 PTO Slipping #3  
Just guessing, but a mower that size seems a bit much for that HP tractor.
You may have an expensive repair coming.

The way you worded the post, not sure if you are talking clutch's on the mower or the PTO clutch in the tractor.

/ 3020 PTO Slipping #5  
Hi everyone,

I was pulling a 15 foot batwing mower behind my 3020 diesel on Sunday and twice when I got in the really heavy grass I noticed the drive shafts on the mower nearly stopped spinning. Is there a clutch plate that engages the PTO? Anyone know where its located? I'd like to replace/fix it before it gets worse.

Thanks!

Its been a while since i have been on a 3020. My friend has one at their camp and it did the same thing. For them, their was an adjustment on the pto lever that fixed it. I believe it was under the tractor in the linkage. Once we tracked it down, it was a 5 minute fix.