3038E replacement

/ 3038E replacement
Okay so I'm looking at 2 replacements. Either a Deere 5075E or a Mahindra Mpower 85. Has anyone had experience with either one?

/ 3038E replacement #22  
My 5045E is perhaps not a good comparison but it is a long way up from your present tractor. the 553 loader lifts 4000lbs, They are using a different model on new production but capabilities are similar. The 3 pth lifts 3000lbs. Get the telescoping draft links and at least two rear remotes with one plumbed up to a third function on the loader. Bare machine weights 5050 and the loader weighs about 1500. the 72" bucket alone weighs 450. If you do much loader work you will want the rear tires loaded. it is just a matter of safety and stability. and in addition to that if your doing heavy lifting like wet manure you need 2000 lbs on the 3PH as counter weight to take strain off the front axle. Stay off the lawn and the septic tank covers with it. Check the brakes before you take delivery as some have an over travel issue on the first pump. Also check all your radiator hose clamps early and often along with rim bolts until everything gets settled in. I really like mine, and a 5075E should be great for your needs.

/ 3038E replacement
I just got a quote on a 5085E that was turned in with 100 hours. They are asking $49,500.00 with the H260 farm loader and cab.

They have 4 of these all from the same outfit (one with the 553 loader). I feel like there is some room for negotiation.

What do you guys think?

/ 3038E replacement #24  
Well if you go to JD's build your own site you can get to $61K PDQ. Who had it for the 100 hours? A chat with him might be useful.

/ 3038E replacement
Well if you go to JD's build your own site you can get to $61K PDQ. Who had it for the 100 hours? A chat with him might be useful.

It was a snow plowing outfit that just lost a big contract.

I'm also looking at the MPower 85 by Mahindra. I just got back from the dealer and I'm **** impressed. 5 year warranty, grapple option, and 5k on the loader.

/ 3038E replacement #26  
Looking at new tractors but why not look at some older John Deere tractors that could be a hundred horse for ten grand maybe and they might last just as long with more options and power steering at ,leaves lots of room for equipment and Etc.....

/ 3038E replacement
Looking at new tractors but why not look at some older John Deere tractors that could be a hundred horse for ten grand maybe and they might last just as long with more options and power steering at ,leaves lots of room for equipment and Etc.....

I did look a bit for older equipment. The problem is the loader options. Older tractors rarely come with loaders or MFWD and hardly ever both. Older equipment is perfect for straight farming, I just use my tractor for utility work more than I use it to
"farm".

I almost bought a compact track loader for that very reason but I don't want 2 pieces of equipment when one will do the job.

/ 3038E replacement #28  
It was a snow plowing outfit that just lost a big contract.

I'm also looking at the MPower 85 by Mahindra. I just got back from the dealer and I'm **** impressed. 5 year warranty, grapple option, and 5k on the loader.

The only real problem with the M85 in my opinion is that It would be nicer to have a 16x16 transmission. 12x12 works fine, but a 16x16 would be better in my opinion. Other than that, it is one fine machine. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just my :2cents:

/ 3038E replacement
I did notice that on the Deere 5085E I didn't have to push in the clutch to throw the reverser. On the M85 I have to clutch while using the reverser.

It's not the end of the world mostly because the Deere is WAY out of my price range.

/ 3038E replacement #30  
I did notice that on the Deere 5085E I didn't have to push in the clutch to throw the reverser. On the M85 I have to clutch while using the reverser.

It's not the end of the world mostly because the Deere is WAY out of my price range.

A lot of people make a big deal about that, and it very well may be for them, I have never found that it was a concern of mine. Yes it would be nicer to have a power shuttle, but in reality, not that big of a deal, for me anyway. ;)