30k tractor budget

/ 30k tractor budget #71  
I've not yet read through all the posts, so I'm at risk of making a stupid comment that might have already been addressed.....if so, my apologies up front.

I've got less than that amount ($30K) involved with two machines however, both are used (and I tinker to keep them going)

Many years ago, when I joined this site, I was looking for a tractor for myself to plonk around this land. In my case, I primarily wanted a loader and backhoe however, I DID want to get something that would pull a mower.

I ended up with an industrial backhoe/loader and I bought an International 1066 that I pull a 15' flexwing with to mow.

Reason I'm bringing this up is on certain tasks, I jump from one machine to the other. It would be a royal pain if I had to get off the (one) machine, reconfigure it to the new task, do it, then reconfigure it back to continue with what I was doing. (moving a fallen tree for example) then going about cutting again.

Combined I've got less (way less) than $30K in them however, they do require some attention every now & then that perhaps a newer machine wouldn't but I simply view this as maintaining them. I've had the backhoe for 20 years and you can walk out there "right now", turn the key and go do a full day's work on it. (meaning it's in fantastic running shape although appearance wise, it's kind of ugly). Same for the 1066 however I've not owned it as long.

Just throwing some spaghetti on your walls to contemplate.

/ 30k tractor budget #72  
I've not yet read through all the posts, so I'm at risk of making a stupid comment that might have already been addressed.....if so, my apologies up front.

I've got less than that amount ($30K) involved with two machines however, both are used (and I tinker to keep them going)

Many years ago, when I joined this site, I was looking for a tractor for myself to plonk around this land. In my case, I primarily wanted a loader and backhoe however, I DID want to get something that would pull a mower.

I ended up with an industrial backhoe/loader and I bought an International 1066 that I pull a 15' flexwing with to mow.

Reason I'm bringing this up is on certain tasks, I jump from one machine to the other. It would be a royal pain if I had to get off the (one) machine, reconfigure it to the new task, do it, then reconfigure it back to continue with what I was doing. (moving a fallen tree for example) then going about cutting again.

Combined I've got less (way less) than $30K in them however, they do require some attention every now & then that perhaps a newer machine wouldn't but I simply view this as maintaining them. I've had the backhoe for 20 years and you can walk out there "right now", turn the key and go do a full day's work on it. (meaning it's in fantastic running shape although appearance wise, it's kind of ugly). Same for the 1066 however I've not owned it as long.

Just throwing some spaghetti on your walls to contemplate.
Are those $30k today’s dollars or 20 years ago dollars. I find it difficult to believe in today’s used market that you could get all that for way less than $30k. BUT, I Love the thought have having 2 machines like that to get the work done. Unfortunately, I’m not a guy who is gonna fix the mechanical stuff, much less diagnose it. I can do a lot on my old 1965 hot rod, but there’s a limit.

/ 30k tractor budget #73  
Keep an open mind and don't overlook the off color tractors as you can get much more for your money, remember Mahindra, Branson, kioti, Mcormick and a few others offer quality products at a much better price.

/ 30k tractor budget #74  
Use the following info. For comparison to other deals.

Attachments

• 9096F1F1-82C0-45D0-8ADD-7E1395D07D0A.jpeg
    9096F1F1-82C0-45D0-8ADD-7E1395D07D0A.jpeg
    502.5 KB · Views: 58