3515ch

/ 3515ch #1  

denjen

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 3515ch
Good Day, I am new here and have researched this; but wanted to get the experts take. My wife and I recently purchased ~30 AC place that is mainly all mature pasture with some woods and is gently rolling. My main uses for the tractor would be basic upkeep and mowing the pasture if I don't lease it out. Additional work would be garden tilling (yes, probably a bit overkill... ); but we are dealing with good ol Georgia red clay. I got a quote for ~23K including loader, 2 rear remotes, LED light bar. The unit was demo; but comes with full warranty. I also found it, the hours on the hour meter (~10 - 20) were due to being left at a show idling, so should I be concerned about impact on the tier4. Thank you.

/ 3515ch #2  
I sure love mine. It's been a beast. Mowing thick brush as high as the ROPS and tilling somewhat compacted soil with a 56" tiller. Now that I have a loader, I can easily take a full bucket of wet black soil without even get the feeling of a light rear end. I do have the rear tires filled with water though.

Doesn't look too bad of a price for a tractor with cab and loader. Plus you get a really heavy duty tractors that can actually lift more (both front and rear) than most of the others.

Regarding the Emissions, it's about the only brand that you can take all the emission junk out and still have a perfectly good running tractor without any limp modes or flashing lights. But I would only take this route is this actually become an issue. It all depends on how the tractor is used.

I do have a couple of videos of mine if you're interested to see it in action.

/ 3515ch #3  
That is a good price and I would not be concerned at all about the emissions. Fairly easy fix as ptsg said.

I would recommend running it for a while before purchase to make sure you are happy with HST. My preference is geared for a lot of mowing. HST would be great for tilling and loader work. Strictly personal preference.

/ 3515ch #4  
After you cycle the glow plugs once and start the engine, does the DOC filter light do any flashing (either fast or slow flash) while idling?

If not, then I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Just know going forward that you don't want excessive idle time, or low rpm operation for extended periods of time.

In your moderate temperature zone, and especially with 30 acres to mow, with I'm assuming a pto driven rotary mower, I don't think you'll have any issues at all in keeping the DOC hot enough to do what it's designed to do.

What implements are you planning on getting with it?

Post pics when you get it home.

We like tractor pics.

/ 3515ch
Thank you all for your feedback, much appreciated! I will be sure to check out the light when I go see the tractor. I am looking at tiller, mower (am leaning towards a flail due to mature pasture, no high brush, etc.). I was quoted $800 for 3rd function so at some point will get a grapple as well. Will post after I view the tractor. I will upload pics if we close the deal.

/ 3515ch
All checked out; also getting 3rd function ($800) and bolt on cutting edge ($12). Hope the pic uploads, probably take delivery next week. Thanks again! IMG_20191221_113036694_HDR.jpg

/ 3515ch #7  
Hope she does good for you.
Is it an optical illusion or is the fender that close to the tire in front.

/ 3515ch #8  
Congratulations! I hope you get many years of trouble free service! :drink:

/ 3515ch #9  
Nice.

Now go out and get that thing dirty!

Enjoy your new tool (er, toy).

It's fun thinking about all the jobs you can get done now.

Now it's just figuring out which attachments you need first, and how many.

/ 3515ch
Thanks all, yes the fenders are close to the tires. Probably 1st a tiller, then mower and grapple.