3cyl Diesel Not 'Warming Up'

/ 3cyl Diesel Not 'Warming Up' #31  
My imagination is going wild.....

Hmmmmm,,,,,, valve cover acorn nut...... Would this be the nut that holds the valve cover on? Would this nut also hold a bracket that holds something else? Was this acorn nut tampered with during the process of replacing the lift pump?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!! Anxious to see the video!!! :)

/ 3cyl Diesel Not 'Warming Up'

My imagination is going wild.....

Hmmmmm,,,,,, valve cover acorn nut...... Would this be the nut that holds the valve cover on? Would this nut also hold a bracket that holds something else? Was this acorn nut tampered with during the process of replacing the lift pump?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!! Anxious to see the video!!! :)
It's weird, eh?

I personally didn't mess with the nut when we did the lift pump.

My neighbor with the tractor is elderly, just full story, and the dealer tried to tell him this thing was junk several times before. I don't know a whole lot about diesels but I at least wanted to try and help the guy keep from scrapping this thing. He's taken really good care on the thing, and it only has 500+ hours on it. He tinkers a bit, and it's possible things were done I'm not aware of.

But I got a video of the terrible exhaust at high idle I'll share soon. Seems like coolant, but it doesn't appear to be losing any..

/ 3cyl Diesel Not 'Warming Up' #34  
Does it do the same thing if you loosen the oil fill cap? Maybe a bad crankcase vent?

/ 3cyl Diesel Not 'Warming Up' #36  
It's weird, eh?

I personally didn't mess with the nut when we did the lift pump.

My neighbor with the tractor is elderly, just full story, and the dealer tried to tell him this thing was junk several times before. I don't know a whole lot about diesels but I at least wanted to try and help the guy keep from scrapping this thing. He's taken really good care on the thing, and it only has 500+ hours on it. He tinkers a bit, and it's possible things were done I'm not aware of.

But I got a video of the terrible exhaust at high idle I'll share soon. Seems like coolant, but it doesn't appear to be losing any..
Next to his socket, is that the lift pump? Or what is that I see?

/ 3cyl Diesel Not 'Warming Up' #37  
Or maybe,,,, he's tightening the valve cover enough to compress the top causing valve train to not function properly??? But then, you should hear the tappet banging on the cover......

Next to his socket, is that the lift pump? Or what is that I see?
I think it's just a little cover, the lift pump is on the other side. Here:

Attachments

• PXL_20230212_003825495.jpg
    PXL_20230212_003825495.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 103
   / 3cyl Diesel Not 'Warming Up' #39  
Interesting thread. Keep it rolling. Thanks!

/ 3cyl Diesel Not 'Warming Up' #40  
I believe it is adjusting or torquing the decompression rod.