3pt leaking fluid, possible fix.

/ 3pt leaking fluid, possible fix. #1  

Woody65

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 4300 HST 4wd
About a week ago I was using the tractor and the position control feedback rod ( pic #1) came off the lift arm. At this point I was using a phd and all of a sudden I could lift 8 inches higher . I was able to reconnect the rod with a C clip and adjusted it to lift the full height. When connected, it was restricting the amount the 3pt was allowed to raise. Fast forward to this weekend and I see fluid on the rear of the tractor after mowing. I realized that when you raise the 3pt all the way up it rubs against the hydro line forcing both upper arms to the left exposing the plastic and rubber O rings ( pic #2 and 3). The right side is snug ( pic #4 ). When you let the 3pt down the arms go back to a center position. As you can see, the O ring has jumped the plastic retainer. Do you think I can just slip the O ring back over the retainer, re seat it and re adjust the lifting height so it doesn't come into contact with the hydro line to stop the leak. I know if the O ring is trashed I will have to replace it. It appears that only one bolt holds the arm to the assembly. If I have to replace it, is it as simple as it looks or am I opening up a can or worms. I have plenty of knowledge and experience on gas engines but not hydraulics. Also, is the fluid level for this area the glass window next to the PTO? I am 300 miles from the tractor and the owners manual. Thanks for your help. New to tractors but like to fix and maintain my own stuff with help from experienced people.

image-231384451.jpg

image-188239037.jpg

image-1151111839.jpg

image-3533801828.jpg