3R Home and Barn Project

/ 3R Home and Barn Project #1,461  
Your in luck if you plan on coming to Texas in the next ten months. Summer seems to be ending early this year, and for the next ten months, it's going to be very nice outside. Never come to Texas in July and August if you haven't seen the good months. It can be brutal!!!

/ 3R Home and Barn Project #1,462  
I'm well on my way to a speedy recovery. Like I said, I've managed to stay busy at half speed, but
what I really miss is my golf game. In fact, don't know if I'll ever play again, especially if we move to a
remote location.

So sorry you can't play golf. I had a recent injury also (Achilles tendon), which may mean I never
play tennis again. I used to play 2-4x/week. It has been 6 mo since I got injured, during a seniors
USTA mixed doubles league match. I have greatly increased my project productivity, however. I
have even fixed some OTHER peoples' tractors.

You do have a beautiful estate....I am surprised you are willing to leave. I don't think I could ever
go thru again all I did to build this place. You put a LOT into yours, too.

I hope you continue your speedy recovery, Rob.

/ 3R Home and Barn Project #1,463  
Hi Rob,

Sorry to learn of your recent medical problems. They do have a habit of cropping up at the most inconvenient times.
Sorry to learn of your potential sale of the beautiful home you built. I understand the reasons why you have made the decision - we are doing the same thing for similar reasons. Just finished replacing deck steps and raised beds in the garden. Our place is much older but it has become too much to deal with, with the present age related medical problems. So we have our place for sale too and thus requires the obligatory repairs etc.

Hope you continue to do well after the surgery.

You are gonna have to find new toys to replace your two tractors.

Wish you all the best for the future and please keep us all updated.

Jim

/ 3R Home and Barn Project #1,464  
Hi Rob,

Sorry to learn of your recent medical problems. They do have a habit of cropping up at the most inconvenient times.
Sorry to learn of your potential sale of the beautiful home you built. I understand the reasons why you have made the decision - we are doing the same thing for similar reasons. Just finished replacing deck steps and raised beds in the garden. Our place is much older but it has become too much to deal with, with the present age related medical problems. So we have our place for sale too and thus requires the obligatory repairs etc.

Hope you continue to do well after the surgery.

You are gonna have to find new toys to replace your two tractors.

Wish you all the best for the future and please keep us all updated.

Jim

/ 3R Home and Barn Project #1,465  
Rob good to hear you are healing. My wife had a similar back surgery so I know what you are going through. This getting old ain't for sissies is it. If Georgia is on your list let me know. We are in NW Georgia about an hour from Atlanta and would welcome you to come stay with us as you look around.

MarkV

/ 3R Home and Barn Project #1,466  
Rob,
You and Brian both should see the mountains in West Texas. Texas still has the room. Wait a minute................I gotta make it to the World Expo and visit Y'all before Y'all move!
hugs, Brandi

/ 3R Home and Barn Project
#1,467  
Thank you Dave, Jim, Mark and Brandi,
Yes indeed, time does pass by after all. When I was a young man I never really considered being an older, weaker me! Now I have to deal with it every day, and frankly, some parts of getting old scares me. It's like I was another person back then and the current me did not exist. I never gave it a second thought...

As far the new place, it becomes clear that it's gotta have a house on it.
I still have to build at least one more cabin on our other property for additional retirement income, so that will keep me busy for about a year or so. Did I tell you that some of those states also do not count income from rentals or other assets as taxable income? And if we need more cash, properties with homes on it become more valuable than just raw land ... more than what it costs me to build because the land itself is already free and clear. When I get done with that one, it could be time to pull up roots and take the plunge. As time passed building that first one, I started getting tired more and more towards the end. I suppose my condition had something to do with it, but I've gotta keep that in mind when choosing a property. The neurosurgeon told me before the surgeries that I might not recover from it completely, but should not get any worse. With that in mind, it's been easier to accept my disability and limited skill set. However, I surely don't mind fixing up a place because I have made some progress. After all, you know I'm gonna need something to do, LOL.

As far as my golf, I started getting crummier and crummier over the last year. At first I thought it was my age but it turned out to be this problem. I played to, or near scratch for years so I knew something was wrong when I practiced like crazy and still got worse! My handicap is currently 11.1 and low of the year is 2.1, so that reflects what happened to my spinal chord. Under the circumstances, I would love to play again, even though I'd be a higher handicap.

/ 3R Home and Barn Project #1,468  
Hi West Coast Rob, East Coast Rob here...

I dont know if you remember me but we used to talk a little bit here and there but its been a long time since I've been on the boards. My family has taken precedence over my tractor fun and I've been good whith that. When I decided to get back on the boards and see whats up with my favorite project guy I see you've had a setback. I am truly sorry to hear that. I almost felt bad for you until I heard your golf game at its worst is better than my completly heathy best. Just kidding, I hope things are going well in your recovery.
I thought I read that you were going to sell a tractor? Which one will it be??? I can't believe you would sell the big Kama with so many mods and memories. How is she doing these days?
On another note, I took my family out to LA to see my brother and drove up through the big national parks and across to San Fran then back down to San Diego in 7 days. This country is awesome, I wish more people would get out and see it. I did think about your place and I'm pretty sure I was near it at one point but didnt have the time to look you up. I probably wouldn't have wanted to drop in on short notice anyway but I did think about you! You have touched a lot of lives with your posts and have inspired me to do things I might not have otherwise. I think its pretty clear by the other posts I see that I'm not alone when I say - you will be missed on the boards when you decide your done with us. Good luck in your next adventure and let us know where we can find your future creative outlets.

#1,469  
East Coast Rob,
Of course I remember you and the conversations we had early on when I first joined TBN. That was a long time ago now that I think of it. I'm really not sure what we will end up doing. I may keep the tractors or not, depending what the next chapter of our lives brings us to. It's too bad you didn't get a hold of me sooner Rob, because you could've spent some time at my place and visit Sequoia National Park just up the road. Any way, thanks for the compliments, and I hope you and yours are doing well!

#1,470  
East Coast Rob,
Of course I remember you and the conversations we had early on when I first joined TBN. That was a long time ago now that I think of it. I'm really not sure what we will end up doing. I may keep the tractors or not, depending what the next chapter of our lives brings us to. It's too bad you didn't get a hold of me sooner Rob, because you could've spent some time at my place and visit Sequoia National Park just up the road. Any way, thanks for the compliments, and I hope you and yours are doing well!