4 1/2" Angle Grinders - How Many??

/ 4 1/2" Angle Grinders - How Many?? #1  

crash325

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TC-45
My "Porter Cable" grinder is on the way out. A little over 3 years of use & abuse. But I don't think 1 grinder is enough anymore. Spend way too much time changing wheels. I was thinking 4 would be about right. Maybe 5 would be a lot better? Thinking of grinders in the $30.00 price range.

Was looking the other day, thinking maybe get a high quality 1. Looked at 1 with multi. speed, anyone ever try one?? But for the same price I can get 3 or 4 cheap ones.

Your thoughts??

/ 4 1/2" Angle Grinders - How Many?? #2  
I never tried a variable speed hand grinder, but i made the mistake of buying a 6" Makita hand/angle grinder....dont mean to say its a bad piece of equipment...cause its a great tool. But its so dang heavy that my arms get to ache after 30 minutes of grinding away. I kinda miss my old, light 4" tool.. This thing is like 5-6 pounds, and after awhile of holding it at head height grinding away, it gets to me. I hate getting old.

/ 4 1/2" Angle Grinders - How Many?? #3  
I have 2, only use 1. I just swap back and forth. I'm limited by number of outlets anyway. If I wasn't switching between grinding wheel and wire wheel, I would be untangling cords and unplugging/plugging in all the time.

Ian

/ 4 1/2" Angle Grinders - How Many?? #4  
I have 4 grinders, A 4 inch Makita, 4 1/2 inch Harbor Freight, 4 1/2 Ryobi, and a 7 inch old all metal Skill that must weigh 20 lbs. When you grinding with it, you just set in down at an angle, no pressure necessary. On my last project, (pin on bucket conversion) I wanted another one. 4 of the 4 1/2 size is about right: cutter wheel, grinding wheel. wire brush, and flap sander wheel for blending. need em all.

James K0UA

/ 4 1/2" Angle Grinders - How Many?? #5  
I have 2, only use 1. I just swap back and forth. I'm limited by number of outlets anyway. If I wasn't switching between grinding wheel and wire wheel, I would be untangling cords and unplugging/plugging in all the time.

Ian

I see some wiring jobs in your future.. hehe. I added two separate sets of outlets to my work/welding bench...i still get the dang cords all tangled up. And then mix the mig welder hose into the mess....:mad::mad::mad:

/ 4 1/2" Angle Grinders - How Many?? #6  
I also have 2 grinders and I am thinking about getting a third. This way I can have a grinder, a sanding disc, and a wire wheel on each. Some projects require the use of all three. It will be a lot faster to swap out whole tool than looking for wrenches to swap out the attachments.

/ 4 1/2" Angle Grinders - How Many?? #7  
6" Makita hand/angle grinder

I considered one of those till I picked it up off the shelf at Lowes. I put it back down and got a handful of 4.5" cutoff wheels. They were much lighter.

Ian

/ 4 1/2" Angle Grinders - How Many?? #8  
I also have 2 grinders and I am thinking about getting a third. This way I can have a grinder, a sanding disc, and a wire wheel on each. Some projects require the use of all three. It will be a lot faster to swap out whole tool than looking for wrenches to swap out the attachments.

Or simply have a 3rd arm attached.......think of the fun you can have then :laughing:.

Women would love that..they could apply makeup, drink their lotte, talk on the cell phone all at the same time while driving...no wait. they would need 4 arms then.

/ 4 1/2" Angle Grinders - How Many?? #9  
Now if you really want to go first class, get a Sioux 1285.:laughing: I couldn't afford them myself, but when I was working on air tools, I repaired several for one of my customers (a freight company's trailer rebuild shop) who had several old ones that got a lot of use.

/ 4 1/2" Angle Grinders - How Many??
Now if you really want to go first class, get a Sioux 1285.:laughing: I couldn't afford them myself, but when I was working on air tools, I repaired several for one of my customers (a freight company's trailer rebuild shop) who had several old ones that got a lot of use.

Now is the time to buy Look at the savings. :laughing:

MSRP: $851.84
Price: $683.26
You Save: $168.58 (20 %) :thumbsup: