4310 flywheel speed sensor missing?

/ 4310 flywheel speed sensor missing? #1  

wuntun

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4310 JD 790 Allis Chalmers 5030 Husqvarna 2654
I have a 4310 ehydro. I have been having issues with code showing mfwd speed sensor fault, and it tests out good. A forum search found that the flywheel speed sensor may also trigger this code fault. I have the tech manual but it only shows a drawing of wiring harness and general location of electrical components. So I went to check the flywheel sensor and there is just a hole going to the flywheel on the right side upper bellhousing, complete with dirt and an empty bolt hole next to it, no wires in sight, as if it never had one?? Can anyone provide a pic of the location (because i have looked all over) or shed some light on this? thanks

/ 4310 flywheel speed sensor missing?
Anyone else with a 4x10 have a chance to see if you have a flywheel speed sensor? The tech manual shows that my 4310 should have one, but it does not. Another question could be, where does the controller get the engine speed from, if not the flywheel?

/ 4310 flywheel speed sensor missing? #3  
Did you figure out the missing speed sensor issue I have the same problem

/ 4310 flywheel speed sensor missing? #4  
The only
4310flywheelsensor.JPG
thing I could find in the JD parts catalog is the flywheel sensor connector was not used after serial number 234501