/ 4707 #551  
I do the same thing. You wouldn't think a 88 PTO hp tractor would have any issues starting a PTO implement that is rated for a maximum of 75 PTO hp but it almost hurts me when I flip that switch and feel it jerk the tractor like it does. I miss the old Massey's two stage clutches for this very reason.

/ 4707 #552  
Anybody know why tractor manufacturers changed from PTO levers where the operator could manually ease the PTO on, and replacing them with electric switches that slam the PTO on?

Seems like an example of taking a proven effective design and replacing it with something that often doesn’t work.

/ 4707 #553  
Anybody know why tractor manufacturers changed from PTO levers where the operator could manually ease the PTO on, and replacing them with electric switches that slam the PTO on?

Seems like an example of taking a proven effective design and replacing it with something that often doesn’t work.
Because people are lazy, they think it's new technology and better, especially the people who didn't grow up with tractors and are used to having a car that does everything for them.

How folks could "think" it's better I'll never understand!

SR

/ 4707 #554  
Because people are lazy, they think it's new technology and better, especially the people who didn't grow up with tractors and are used to having a car that does everything for them.

How folks could "think" it's better I'll never understand!

SR
There are electrically engaged PTOs that work nice.

Believe it or not, there is a difference between being lazy, and enjoying something that's not done the "hard way".

No PTO levers are not bad... but the one on our 9220 sucks, and engaging it every 12-15 minutes for 16 hours a day is not fun. The electric on the new Deeres is WAY nicer.

/ 4707 #555  
No PTO levers are not bad... but the one on our 9220 sucks, and engaging it every 12-15 minutes for 16 hours a day is not fun. The electric on the new Deeres is WAY nicer.
UNTIL it isn't, and that day is coming!

Neighbor just bought a new deere to rake hay with, it slams the pto in so hard he's scared to use it on his rakes! He's had deere out to do something with it, but they don't have a fix.

SO, he's back to raking his hay with his old tried and true!

SR

/ 4707 #556  
Hey would you be able to ask your dealer what the tweak(s) are he is doing for the AC?

It would greatly help me out as I've got a 4710 that is absolutely miserable in the summer and haven't been able to get it in for warranty work yet - Pretty sure it has to do with airflow but haven't quite found the issue thus far - I've already done the one adjustment from I believe Bagwell Farm's youtube channel (I might be wrong on that one) where he adjusts the temperature probe in the coil a bit higher so the compressor cycles.

Eager to see if there is possibly something else I could be missing, especially anything that would be giving me about half the airflow compared to any other 4700 series on #4 fan position. (Initial dealer thought was loose duct-work but I pulled my liner down and they all seem to be sealed good so - thinking its either lower output blower motor than should be or perhaps even one of the really old ones but I've got a 2019 so it makes no sense why a 2016/2017 blower motor would be on it).

Thanks!
I still haven't gotten my tractor yet, but it did arrive at his dealership. It's a 2022 model, and when I asked him if he did the upgrade to the AC, he replied that it already has the new AC system. But it's also leaking, so he's fixing that and hopefully I'll have it next week.

There is a group on Facebook called "Massey Ferguson 4700 Global Tractors" that has a discussion about the AC system and the upgrade kit.

Here is a copy of what somebody said

"Enhancement kit for 4707 Standard cab….
#ACX3795510 $2165.00 Main Kit
ACT0079330 $143.00 Filter Hsg Template
ACT0079340 $128.00 A/C Unit Template
Should be the part numbers needed for the non-visio roof tractor. I remembered that you also have to evacuate the Freon from system beforehand and recharge afterwards."

In another thread about the AC system, they talk about the heat valve not shutting the coolant off to the heater. From what I understand, you have to turn off the valve so the hot water from the engine stops going into the heater. Here is a video link that one of the dealers made to show where it's at.

Link to the FB Group

Last edited:
   / 4707 #557  
Yeah, if you don't shut that valve off, your A/C won't work very well.

/ 4707 #558  
Has anyone installed wireless cameras on their loader and rear facing? I keep hearing that you just need 12v power but I'm terrified of drilling into the roof of my tractor without some sort of guide.

/ 4707 #559  
I still haven't gotten my tractor yet, but it did arrive at his dealership. It's a 2022 model, and when I asked him if he did the upgrade to the AC, he replied that it already has the new AC system. But it's also leaking, so he's fixing that and hopefully I'll have it next week.

There is a group on Facebook called "Massey Ferguson 4700 Global Tractors" that has a discussion about the AC system and the upgrade kit.

Here is a copy of what somebody said

"Enhancement kit for 4707 Standard cab….
#ACX3795510 $2165.00 Main Kit
ACT0079330 $143.00 Filter Hsg Template
ACT0079340 $128.00 A/C Unit Template
Should be the part numbers needed for the non-visio roof tractor. I remembered that you also have to evacuate the Freon from system beforehand and recharge afterwards."

In another thread about the AC system, they talk about the heat valve not shutting the coolant off to the heater. From what I understand, you have to turn off the valve so the hot water from the engine stops going into the heater. Here is a video link that one of the dealers made to show where it's at.

Link to the FB Group

Thank you for getting the prices/numbers on that kit! Also, OUCH!

I got to make the decision for the few dozen hours out of the year where it doesn't keep up, if I spend that kind of money to upgrade or just suffer. That is quite the pricey upgrade.

/ 4707 #560  
I have mowed a couple days that it's been 98+ and have yet to turn my blower fan higher than 2. If the sun is shining in its definitely warmer in the cab but it's more than comfortable to me. I did cut off the factory heater valve and cap off the outside air intake so mine runs in full recirculate now. I've been trying to get my window tint guy lined up to do his thing but I have to be honest, that's just because I'm still that young and it looks cool. If it keeps the cab cooler then that's a bonus.