4WD or 2WD?

/ 4WD or 2WD? #81  
I guess insanity doesn't keep some people from posting on here. Too bad just some more people we have to put up with I guess. They say it takes all kinds of people to make a world. But I say it don't take them, we are just stuck with them. You couldn't ever spell the name right.

/ 4WD or 2WD? #82  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( was working for a big wheat farmer )</font>

Prunty,where was this wheat farmer, Ohio ???

/ 4WD or 2WD? #83  
No he was in OK, just south of the Kansas line.

/ 4WD or 2WD? #84  
Insanity keeps life interesting. BTW My tractor is 1 wheel drive, I use the steering wheel to drive it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Can't imagine trying to manage 4 of those things at one time.

/ 4WD or 2WD? #85  
Two bottom plough. Those were little tractors. Heck, an Allis Chalmers B would pull two bottoms. it might have had 20 or so horsepower. Did you get to crank on the steering wheel of the bigger JD or Internationals pulling 5/6 bottoms.

Actually I was just trying inform people that the old two wheel drive were really not light on the front end.

Egon

/ 4WD or 2WD? #86  
I believe it was around 35 maybe 40 horse. It was just one of the tractors he had, and I was hired last, so that is the one I got. Sometimes I had to pull a 3 gang disk and used a bigger one. It didn't matter none of them had power steering or used a 3 point, the hours you put in on them made you tired anyway, size wouldn't change that. Day light till dark with a short break for lunch, and that was it, keep that tractor moving.

/ 4WD or 2WD? #87  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I guess insanity doesn't keep some people from posting on here. Too bad just some more people we have to put up with I guess. They say it takes all kinds of people to make a world. But I say it don't take them, we are just stuck with them. You couldn't ever spell the name right. )</font>

Sorry pruntyc, I thought you had a sense of humor! I won't make that mistake again. Again not trying to offend anyone.

/ 4WD or 2WD? #88  
This may be a bit large for a small acreage operation, but it was sure fun to drive. The in-laws sold it last Summer. Once when we had some snow they asked me to give them a hand. Seems the tractor trailers delivering their chickens could get in, but they couldn't get turned around and back out to the road. My job was to drag the trucks in a big circle through a field and get them facing the right direction. It was absolutely awesome. The Nasty Ferguson would move the trucks around like a kid moves his toys on the living room floor. Didn't even make it grunt. Another couple times I used it to chisel-plow. Can't remember how wide the plow was, but it was huge. This made the diesel talk. It felt like you were sitting inside the bass speaker in one of those ghetto blaster cars. The last time I plowed, I just couldn't bring myself to quit till the field was done (straight through from around 19:00 on a Friday till the sun was about to peek out Saturday AM). Gosh I miss it................chim

Attachments

• 329314-MF.jpg
    329314-MF.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 157
   / 4WD or 2WD? #89  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Nasty Ferguson )</font> /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I will remember that one. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
That monster ought to get the job done.

/ 4WD or 2WD? #90  
I want to add, that was 50 years ago. They didn't have any really big tractors around there anyway at that time, they came later. He got the fields ready by running more tractors and more hours, than what they have to run now days. I think the biggest one he had only pulled around a 3 bottom, in the gumbo. So the one I used was somewhat smaller, but not all that much.