50 hour fluid and filter change cost?

/ 50 hour fluid and filter change cost? #11  
You simply can’t pay a mechanic enough money to care about your equipment as much as you do.

If you could be a fly on the wall at a dealer and hear what the techs say about the customers, watch how the lot jockeys move your hardware around, and witness the BS for yourself… you’d never use a dealer.

Someday I’ll be too old. A couple weeks ago I hurt pretty bad after rolling around with a transmission and transfer case, after installing a clutch in one of my trucks, but it was worth it to get it done right and not have some fool attempting it after a couple bong rips at lunch.

I replaced a transmission mount and fixed a vacuum leak while I was under there too. Then I replaced all the hydraulic master and slave cylinder assembly. Chased the threads on the old bolts, installed new bolts on the exhaust collectors because the old ones were questionable. I probably saved over $1000 in labor.

Maybe a really good private mechanic, a 1 in 100 guy will be that diligent.

But I doubt the senior tech at the dealer is doing the lube jobs. It’s usually the stoned kid.. and he’ll strip your drain plug threads and get fired from 2 more jobs before you ever find out what he did.

/ 50 hour fluid and filter change cost?
I am having trouble figuring out what type and brand of hydraulic fluid to use. TYM is specifying "API GL-4 Grade".

Some people recommend Traveler Universal Premium Tractor Fluid, but on the other hand I read elsewhere that this is not appropriate for hydrostatic transmissions. The gear oil for the front axle and the oil for the engine seem pretty cut and dried, but I am stumbling on this hydraulic fluid choice. I sure don't want to use the wrong stuff and run afoul of a warranty issue if one crops up in the next several years.

Any advice?

/ 50 hour fluid and filter change cost?
I finally settled on Shell Rotella T6 15W-40 full synthetic for engine oil, Lucas Synthetic Universal Hydraulic Fluid 10100, and Amsoil Severe Gear synthetic 80W-90. I have the filters that I picked up from my dealer, and just waiting for the Amsoil to come in.