50 hour service - dealer cost?

/ 50 hour service - dealer cost? #1  

Evil the Weasel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Anybody have a figure on this? I asked my dealer and want to see if it's really that bad elsewhere :) Thanks in advance.

/ 50 hour service - dealer cost? #3  
It's up there, don't remember but buying my own stuff and doing the work myself saved me like 60% of the cost if I remember + you have to get it to the dealer!!!

/ 50 hour service - dealer cost? #4  
Realizing this is not what you ask of but by the same token, I did a 50 hour last month on a B7800. It's very easy to do if you can turn a wrench (literally that easy).

I paid $207 (tax included) for all of the recommended parts and fluids (Kubota SUDT). My time in labor was about 2.5 hours.

Done deal.

/ 50 hour service - dealer cost? #5  
My dealer quoted around $500 for the 50 hour on my BX24. I did it myself with all Kubota materials for under $200. This was about two months ago so prices shouldn't have changed too much.

Matt.

/ 50 hour service - dealer cost? #6  
Yeah,if you're worried about spending money to get 50 hour service done,why ask how much,you know its going to be alot more to get dealer to do it than do it your self,and anybody should be able to do the 50 hour service themselfs,you don't got to be a mechanic to do this.

Simple matter of common sense and following manual.

/ 50 hour service - dealer cost? #7  
Same as crbr - the materials alone for my B7800 cost just over $200. The whole thing is no more difficult than changing the oil in an automobile.
Mike

/ 50 hour service - dealer cost? #8  
Its much easier than a auto,you can get to filters,you got plenty of room to crawl underneath.

/ 50 hour service - dealer cost? #9  
My dealer did my BX24 service for $230, didn't have to replace the air filter, it would have been more for that.

/ 50 hour service - dealer cost?
Thanks for the replies. It's much easier to do it yourself and I'm capable. The estimates here are in line with what I was quoted however.