5145, 50 hour service

/ 5145, 50 hour service #12  

John stark

Tractor
Mahindra 4540 2wd
I have a question for all you 5100 series owners out there....Does everyone else's float position seem a little crunchy going in? Seems pretty rough, i have to kinda slam it in with a lot of force, and it feels a little rough/ crunchy when it goes in, , i have had a few other issues with the loader joystick, when new it was loose, then around 30 or so hours the set screw that holds the cable still came loose, , all of that is ok now but the crunchy feeling has always been there from day one.....any thoughts, maybe call the dealer?

/ 5145, 50 hour service #13  

DaBear3428

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5145
I have a question for all you 5100 series owners out there....Does everyone else's float position seem a little crunchy going in? Seems pretty rough, i have to kinda slam it in with a lot of force, and it feels a little rough/ crunchy when it goes in, , i have had a few other issues with the loader joystick, when new it was loose, then around 30 or so hours the set screw that holds the cable still came loose, , all of that is ok now but the crunchy feeling has always been there from day o
mine is lose also.
ne.....any thoughts, maybe call the deal

/ 5145, 50 hour service #15  

Super Star Member
Top Poster Of Month
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
Gonna change it anyway so it don't matter. Besides a screwdriver allows you to drain the filter that is coming off anyway. I actually use an a pointed alignment bar and a hammer all the time. Drive it through the filter and lever it off. No big deal.

/ 5145, 50 hour service #16  

John stark

Tractor
Mahindra 4540 2wd
Just a quick note, I decided to check my loader bolts on my 5145 , the 3 in the front with lockwashers we're tight, however the 4 further back(under loader cradle) were all loose, I just hit 100 hrs, I put a dab of orange removable locktight and re torqued

Last edited:
   / 5145, 50 hour service #17  

DaBear3428

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5145
Just a quick note, I decided to check my loader bolts, the 3 in the front with lockwashers we're tight, however the 4 further back(under loader cradle) were all loose, I just hit 100 hrs, I put a dab of orange removable locktight and re torqued
John, thanks for the heads up but can you provide a little more info for identification?

/ 5145, 50 hour service #19  

Super Star Member
Top Poster Of Month
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
In my humble opinion the first, in service, service, no matter who does it, is the most important service any tractor or powered implement will ever receive and it entails way more than just changing the fluids and/or filters. Every bolt needs to be checked for correct torque and re torqued if necessary and every grease fitting needs to be greased. The first in service, service will set the tone for the longevity of any machine or powered implement.

/ 5145, 50 hour service #20  

John stark

Tractor
Mahindra 4540 2wd
In my humble opinion the first, in service, service, no matter who does it, is the most important service any tractor or powered implement will ever receive and it entails way more than just changing the fluids and/or filters. Every bolt needs to be checked for correct torque and re torqued if necessary and every grease fitting needs to be greased. The first in service, service will set the tone for the longevity of any machine or powered implement.
I 100% agree, I went above and beyond my 50 hr service, every time I work the machine hard I am combing over it looking and listening for the smallest thing....great advice!