5145, 50 hour service

/ 5145, 50 hour service #51  
Just got to 49 hours on the 5155, any of you who are doing your own service having trouble ordering the hydraulic filter? Seems the only one I can find is approx $120 at Bill's tractor. I guess being a new line makes for lack of availability.

/ 5145, 50 hour service #52  
Just got to 49 hours on the 5155, any of you who are doing your own service having trouble ordering the hydraulic filter? Seems the only one I can find is approx $120 at Bill's tractor. I guess being a new line makes for lack of availability.
got mine from the dealer and did the service myself.

/ 5145, 50 hour service #53  
got mine from the dealer and did the service myself.
Even if you bought the Mahindra oil and filters from the dealer, it still saved you at least 700-900 bucks doing yourself.

/ 5145, 50 hour service #54  
Even if you bought the Mahindra oil and filters from the dealer, it still saved you at least 700-900 bucks doing yourself.
dealer quoted me 500 to do the entire service, but i had just gotten the tractor back from a warranty repair where they left the bolts in the front axel portal hubs finger tight, which i found after using the tractor for a few days from the puddle of oil on the ground. it could have been a real disaster. i have talked it over with the service manager and we are good now but at the time more dealer service was not happening. but the biggest issue was at the time they were backed up and i was looking at a week without my toy, again not happening at that time.

/ 5145, 50 hour service #55  
dealer quoted me 500 to do the entire service, but i had just gotten the tractor back from a warranty repair where they left the bolts in the front axel portal hubs finger tight, which i found after using the tractor for a few days from the puddle of oil on the ground. it could have been a real disaster. i have talked it over with the service manager and we are good now but at the time more dealer service was not happening. but the biggest issue was at the time they were backed up and i was looking at a week without my toy, again not happening at that time.
Wow. Things are cheaper in Texas.
we get $1400 for a complete service on your tractor. That includes all oil and filters And greasing.

Last edited:
   / 5145, 50 hour service #56  
Wow. Things are cheaper in Texas.
we get $1400 for a complete service on your tractor. That includes all oil and filters And greasing.
yes things are much cheaper here and there is also the benefit of NO SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ 5145, 50 hour service #59  
I made it a point in my life to never live where i was subject to have to dig my truck out in order to go to work or home.
I bet you used to love snow as a kid.
I must have never matured cuz I still love the stuff.

/ 5145, 50 hour service #60  
I bet you used to love snow as a kid.
I must have never matured cuz I still love the stuff.
i still love snow, for 3 days, it snows one day you have 2 days to play in it (weekends are best) and 4th day it vanishes without the slush.
note that in no part of the above do i need to dig my truck out to go to work, as a mater of fact if it snows that much down here they shut down everything because these people do not know how to drive in rain much less snow/ice.
that is how i like my snow, love it on my own terms up there i do not get to set the terms.