6’ or 7’ box blade on TYM 4820H?

/ 6’ or 7’ box blade on TYM 4820H? #11  
good point. also, w/a 7' blade extending over the rear wheels...can sometimes lead to trouble snagging trees, fence posts, etc unknowingly

/ 6’ or 7’ box blade on TYM 4820H? #12  
HYD top link is the first addition

Unless you're working on flat ground, consider a tilt hydraulic link too. It's not a vital for box blade use as the top link but it's pretty useful.

The width depends on how wide you will have the tires set to, and if you care about having the implement wider than the tire tracks or not, and your use of the blade. My box blade it slightly narrower than the tire tracks but I can use the 3pt to move it to one side or the other so it's even with the outside edge of one tire track.

Will you be using the blade to move maximum amounts of dirt or mostly to level and smooth? For the former a narrower blade that can go a little deeper might be preferable, for the latter a wider blade is probably better.

With loaded tires, a 5.5' blade, sandy soil and a 5000lb tractor I can easily load it up to where the tractor loses traction.

Another thing to consider is hydraulic rippers. I got the option for rippers all controlled by a single lever but there's times when I use the rippers for just a few passes. I have to get off to do that now but it's only one lever. I think that was a few hundred more than the usual individual adjustment system but there's times I wish I'd added a few hundred for the hydraulic option.

/ 6’ or 7’ box blade on TYM 4820H? #13  
I would stick to 6' box blade, when that fills it can stop the tractor pretty good. I have a T474 which is 4600# with cab and loader, and I have had a couple of cases where it will up and was hard to pull any further.

/ 6’ or 7’ box blade on TYM 4820H? #14  
Getting too much attachment for your tractor can be very frustrating. I would choose a 6' box with hydraulic rippers. and get 3 remote valves for the best grading experience.

/ 6’ or 7’ box blade on TYM 4820H? #15  
I agree with others. 6ft would be the better match for your tractor.

/ 6’ or 7’ box blade on TYM 4820H?
Thanks for confirming my bias! 6’ it is. It will be used mainly for road maintainance, however, as with most things, this could change.

/ 6’ or 7’ box blade on TYM 4820H? #17  
I have a 6' box blade on a 3725 Branson. My bare chassis weight was 4200 lbs. But add the FEL, bucket, filled rear tires (Rimguard) and the box blade and I'm 7100 lbs (weighed on a certified CAT scale). I've only had mine stop one time, pulling a full box blade of dirt, with the rippers down all the way, in M range on the hydro, and I snagged a big root with a ripper tooth. Stopped my tractor cold, and just started spinning the back tire. Switching to L range fixed that temporary problem on that one pass (broke that root and kept on going).

I think you could pull a 7' box blade just fine, almost always. But it does no harm to go with the 6' box blade either.

What is the width of your tractor tires (rear), now? Will 6' cover them?

/ 6’ or 7’ box blade on TYM 4820H?
I have a 6' box blade on a 3725 Branson. My bare chassis weight was 4200 lbs. But add the FEL, bucket, filled rear tires (Rimguard) and the box blade and I'm 7100 lbs (weighed on a certified CAT scale). I've only had mine stop one time, pulling a full box blade of dirt, with the rippers down all the way, in M range on the hydro, and I snagged a big root with a ripper tooth. Stopped my tractor cold, and just started spinning the back tire. Switching to L range fixed that temporary problem on that one pass (broke that root and kept on going).

I think you could pull a 7' box blade just fine, almost always. But it does no harm to go with the 6' box blade either.

What is the width of your tractor tires (rear), now? Will 6' cover them?
Well, the unit isn’t yet delivered. They claim 65”… but I don’t know yet for sure