6168 CPS first 50 hours

/ 6168 CPS first 50 hours #31  
Nice looking tractor, thank you for uploading the video, I have a much better idea of cab room now. How difficult it is to remove, and reattach the hoe? Looks like it might be quite involved?

/ 6168 CPS first 50 hours
The hoe is actually very simple to remove and install. It’s only held on by the top link and two pins that drop down through the subframe. The trick is finessing the stabilizers to remove the weight from the subframe without lifting the subframe. You just watch and as soon as it’s off the bottom of the frame, but not touching the top, it’s ready to drive away.
It will take you 20 minutes or so the first time you do it. I have done it about 10 times now, and it only takes about 5 minutes to remove. Lining the tractor up to get it back on takes a little longer. I usually have to get on and off the tractor about 5 times to get everything lined up correctly before it will slide into place. It’s just the reverse of removal, but it’s much easier with a helper that understands what is going on. They guide the driver into place and hook the hydraulic lines up when it’s close enough and manipulates the backhoe controls to get it into position.
It takes me 10 minutes or so to do it by myself, but will probably take 20 to 30 minutes the first time you do it.
I’ll try and get some video of the process when I put the hoe and loader back on.

I took the tractor to my VFW post yesterday to help out with redoing the parking lot. It is about to be repaved, but wee needed to get rid of 10 chunks of reinforced concrete that had been used as parking stops.
We loaded them on my trailer and took them to be recycled. We figured each one weighed 1k lbs. For reference, my forks are 60”. Even with the loaded rears and the backhoe installed, the rear end was the lightest i have seen it.

Image1528599164.986247.jpg

They were offloaded with the crusher.
Image1528599213.904803.jpg

I had the backhoe off this week to use the post hole digger. While it was off I took a couple pics of the subframe mount. On these XU series machines, the standard swinging drawbar mount is removed and the subframe is installed.
I also measured the subframe as being almost 5” lower than the lowest part of the rear axle, so the ground clearance loss is something to be considered. On my flat land, it has not posed any problems.

IMG_1763.JPG
IMG_1766.JPG

/ 6168 CPS first 50 hours #35  
I have a 6168cps with roughly 350 hours it is a 2016. I dont have the lift lever. I had heard that it may be an option. it would be nice.

OP here. I had my first breakdown. The hose from the power steering pump to the orbital valve ruptured while I was jockeying the tractor around to line up with my tiller.
The line runs right past the oil filter and over the loader support on the right side. It was just a pinhole and would spray oil on the lower right glass of the cab when I turned the wheel.
I called my dealer and sent him a short video and some pics for the warranty. He is going to send me a new hose assembly. In the mean time, I was able to cut out the bad section of hose and install two -8 field installable JIC fittings (one male and one female) to get me back in service for a couple days until I get the new hose assembly.
Since this was the steering, I am comfortable with this type of repair since there is no pressure on the line until the steering wheel is turned.
For those of us that don’t have a hydraulic shop close by, I recommend picking up a male/female set for the hose sizes on your machine for temporary repairs like this.
Here is link to these reusable fittings.
SAE 1R1 Field Attachable Fittings
The offending hose before my repair.
IMG_0051.JPG

What was really weird was the line didn’t rupture where it touched anything. It was on the top of the hose and aimed perfectly at the cab. I’ll see if I can post the short video.
Edit:got it

Steering hydraulic hose leak - YouTube

I am planning on putting the new line in sleeving to help prevent premature failure next time.

Figured I would just add onto my old post. No problems at all with the tractor in the last year.
Today I picked up my new Everything Attachments 66 grapple and 96” hydraulic scrape blade.
IMG_0516.JPG

IMG_0517.JPG

I also had them send me a Cosmo 3pt cement mixer since it didn’t really add to the shipping. I haven’t played with it yet. They told me that I will probably have to modify the cylinder since my tractor is a cat 2 and it may not dump all the way. I’ll have to see what it needs.

To run the grapple, I also ordered the WR Long 3rd function kit with flat face couplers. The kit fits nicely and wasn’t too bad to install. Taking apart the right side of the cab to run the wires the way I wanted wasn’t much fun, but it makes for a neat install.
I heated and bent the bracket 90 degrees they sent for the couplers. I drilled two new holes in the hydraulic line cover on the loader and mounted it sideways once I had the grapple on and found the hoses were plenty long. I put sleeving over all the lines while I was at it.
IMG_0519.JPG

/ 6168 CPS first 50 hours #38  
did it take 14 weeks for arrival? thats what they told me for a land plane this week

/ 6168 CPS first 50 hours #39  
Nice looking tractor 3L. Like my LS XR3140H quite alot so far. REALLY like the cab. Not having to endure foul spring weather has helped get a head start on field prep for planting seedlings. This morning I cleaned up a pile of wood pieces and chunks from firewood processing and limbing trees with the LS as the snow was blowing sideways at 27 mph according to the weather station. I was warm, dry and smiling inside the cab.👍

I did the 50 HR. Service 8 hours ago and no hiccups so far. I forced a regin at 15 hours due to lower rpm operations and idling and not really getting the engine warm. After learning about operating temp and dpf operation I forced a regin and operate the tractor @1500 to 1800 minimum rpm when working to keep engine and exhaust temps warm....start clean keep clean is my thinking.

I expect an auto regin around 65 hours, from what I gather the auto regin is 50hr no matter what, when or how from last regin occurrence.

did it take 14 weeks for arrival? thats what they told me for a land plane this week

11 weeks from order to ship. Another week in transit.