62D Idler Pulley

/ 62D Idler Pulley #1  

B E Lewis Farms

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520
Hey guys if you have a 62D MMM after a few hours loosen the belt and check your idler pulleys real good. I dropped my MMM off this afternoon at the dealer to get an idler replaced and to have the others checked.
Yesterday I took the belt off of the mower to clean under the spindle pulleys and check everything out and noticed that the front idler on the left side had more play in it than it should and I could hear the bearings real well when I turned the pulley. The deck only has about 20-25 operating hours on it so take the time to check yours out teal good. I should have the deck back in a few days.

/ 62D Idler Pulley #2  
BE
What was the motivation for taking the belt off to clean under the spindle pulleys ?

I've never done that, unless there is something caught under there. Was that what the cleaning was for?

Not sure what you found, but maybe it was a bad bearing? And a loose idler? Or was the bolt holding the idler loose?

/ 62D Idler Pulley
a small twig had gotten under one of the ramps in a position that either tge belt or ramp had to be removed to get it out. The problem was a worn bearing.

/ 62D Idler Pulley #5  
charley
Some type of damage is more likely, as they just don't "wear" out like that. And likely not a problem again. I'm wondering what a ramp is on a deck. ??

/ 62D Idler Pulley
The pulley is not completely gone but does have a noticeable amount of play. The ramp is the part on the mower that the tires ride on when you drive over it