6410 reverser/starting issue

/ 6410 reverser/starting issue
Alright.... I know more, but still don't have a moving tractor.

I swapped the electronic reverser switch out with one that was known to be good, and I still have the same issue. I checked relays K210-K213 with a known working one (new), and in the end just replaced relays K212 and K213 with the two new ones I bought to check the others with. I checked every fuse in the block (found out why my wipers stopped working...that's fixed) and also found F205 (10A) was blown. I replaced it and tried starting the tractor and no changes... nothing but the same clicking relays. I checked each relay by swapping with a known working one, and then even doubled checked them with an Ohm meter, and all appear to function properly.

I rechecked the codes and got RCU 17, 32, 47,34.
I crawled under and jumped the neutral switch and it started right up. When put it into gear (forward or reverse) it creeps about 3 inches, starts beeping and kicks me back into neutral.
I rechecked codes after that little experience and got RCU 17, 32, 47, 34, 51.

I'm all for figuring out mysteries and fixing things on my own.... but this beginning to get a bit more than frustrating!

Last edited:
   / 6410 reverser/starting issue #12  
Codes 32 & 34 point to the park switch, it thinks it's in park and you asked it to move.
Code 51 is that it has stayed in neutral for over 3 seconds when asked to move. (You jumpered the neutral switch)

Problem solved!
After extensive circuit testing, fuse & solenoid tests (replacements) I couldn't find anything wrong. I kept going back to the neutral start switch and how it would start when jumped, but not when plugged into sensor. The sensor was BRAND NEW so I never doubted it. I decided to swap it out with the old one (which I had tested and proven good) and the tractor started right up and moved like it should. I tested the "new" one and found it faulty. Thanks for all the insight and suggestions everybody!

/ 6410 reverser/starting issue #14  
@hozjob Where was this faulty sensor located on the tractor ?

Last edited:
It was a faulty Neutral Switch sensor on the bottom of the transmission.