90's era kubotas better built? Also parts prices question

/ 90's era kubotas better built? Also parts prices question #32  
Nice photos! Nice tractor. Typical sun fade. Mine looks the same. We are both lucky as some years the Kubota paint formula "pinks out" when faded...

It looks very nice. Service records too! All the wear I can see looks normal.

That grill and hood guard is nice. I think that was an option. Add a screen if you are going to do brush work. When buying used, I advise looking for little things that are the mark of an owner who cares. Those wheel weights are strictly awesome. That's the best way to add traction, but super expensive compared to filling the tires....wheel weights are a big plus in my book. Not just for what they are, but for what they imply.
The bucket wear looks proper too. I like the hooks on the ends for heavier loads.
That does appears to be some sort of optional extended load bucket and also has an extra cutting edge. Kubota has always offered several different buckets. A very stout bucket, although for me that upper extension makes it harder to see what the bucket is doing. Today I would rather have the smaller capacity Round Back bucket and SSQA, but possibly not available in the 90s. I wonder what he was doing to wear the paint off so evenly on the upper part of the bucket like that?

I don't like that I can't see much grease staining around the grease points and pins. That's odd. Could be fanaticism I guess. Ask him what grease he uses. There is a strong argument for sticking with the same grease.

A diesel that starts easily when cold with little smoke is usually in tip top shape & still young. Good sign.

If you are curious, there are advantages to 4 post canopys, but it may not be possible to do with a removable loader.

When I see a tractor looking like that, I always wonder why he sold it...
rScotty

/ 90's era kubotas better built? Also parts prices question #33  
I'll try to post a picture, but haven't tried that yet on this site 🤞.

It has an OEM canopy that's in pristine shape, but is not a 4 poster.

Came with the original operators manual, but I need to track down a service manual now. Also came with the service records for the life of the tractor!

I wish I could tell you more about the 5cyl engine but every diesel I've owned has had a different # of cylinders! It does sound better than all my other ones. Zero smoke even when started cold.

And as View attachment 718741View attachment 718742per the owner it was always kept inside when not in use.
Congratulations Brambleberry! It looks like it is in terrific shape and I think it will give you many trouble free hours of service life. Thanks for posting these pictures. It's really satisfying to see the end of a thread as so many never completely resolve as this one did. Best Regards my friend.

/ 90's era kubotas better built? Also parts prices question #34  
Scotty can you send some links to these canopy's you are talking about?

I don't even know if the 4 post canopy's are available aftermarket. They sure are nice though, so probably someone makes them.
Double thick, insulated, with a steel subframe. The 4 posters lose the removable loader feature, but gain a nice handhold for getting on and off the tractor easily.

They come on some Kubotas that do not have the removable loaders. For example, their TLB line of tractors. I don't know about others.

Here's a photo from an Kubota adv. oo you can see what I'm talking about.
rScotty
4 post canopy in adv.doc.jpg

/ 90's era kubotas better built? Also parts prices question #35  
I'll try to post a picture, but haven't tried that yet on this site 🤞.

It has an OEM canopy that's in pristine shape, but is not a 4 poster.

Came with the original operators manual, but I need to track down a service manual now. Also came with the service records for the life of the tractor!

I wish I could tell you more about the 5cyl engine but every diesel I've owned has had a different # of cylinders! It does sound better than all my other ones. Zero smoke even when started cold.

And as View attachment 718741View attachment 718742per the owner it was always kept inside when not in use.
nice move, looks like you got a winner. like the wheel weights, the research paid off for a robust machine.

/ 90's era kubotas better built? Also parts prices question #36  
Good looking tractor

/ 90's era kubotas better built? Also parts prices question #37  
I don't even know if the 4 post canopy's are available aftermarket. They sure are nice though, so probably someone makes them.
Double thick, insulated, with a steel subframe. The 4 posters lose the removable loader feature, but gain a nice handhold for getting on and off the tractor easily.

They come on some Kubotas that do not have the removable loaders. For example, their TLB line of tractors. I don't know about others.

Here's a photo from an Kubota adv. oo you can see what I'm talking about.
rScottyView attachment 718752
Ah ok, that reminds me of the backhoes you see on construction sites. Yeah it's a canopy with a roll cage. By the way Scotty, that's a terrific picture you uploaded. Some more internet gold as I call it. Thanks for taking the time to go out of your way to do this, I really appreciate it.