A couple of interesting finds on my property.

/ A couple of interesting finds on my property. #1  

Gypsyman

Silver Member
Tractor
2020 Yanmar YT235C
I purchased 80 acres of timbered property in Florida not long ago. Needed to open up some acreage for pasture and a site to build a new shop. Called in a logging company who got started a few weeks ago.

Friday the skidder operator stopped by when he was headed home and said that he had found a few implements in the woods and had used the skidder to bring them up and set them by the guest house. Here's what he found...

The first thing I saw an an A&B Eagle Line box blade. After some searching I can't find anything on it. Must be too old. It's a bit odd as it measures 76" form outside to outside on the end plates. It appear to be a light or medium duty version. Probably going to be too much for my YT235C but you never know. If it is I'll trade for a smaller unit.

The second thing I was pretty excited to see. A hay wagon frame. On a quick glance I think it's a Case but I could be wrong. Appears to be reasonably complete. No center pipe or tires and wheels but the hubs turn smoothly and the tongue steering is free and functions.

He said that there's also a 3-point gin pole out there but it's buried in the brush. Apparently he almost ran over it before he caught the flash of color and slammed on the brakes at the last second. He's going to drag that one out once they clear the brush and downed trees around it.

Almost like finding buried treasure for this old fart. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0074.jpeg
    IMG_0074.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 338
  • IMG_0075.jpeg
    IMG_0075.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 340
  • IMG_0076.jpeg
    IMG_0076.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0077.jpeg
    IMG_0077.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 335
  • IMG_0078.jpeg
    IMG_0078.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 339
   / A couple of interesting finds on my property. #2  
Nice finds. I was expecting rusted out junk.

/ A couple of interesting finds on my property. #3  
They don’t even look that old. Good find.

/ A couple of interesting finds on my property. #5  
Nice find.
Keep looking, you never know what else you might find.... Jimmy Hoffa, Elvis ?? :LOL:

That box blade looks nice, a little paint and good to go.

/ A couple of interesting finds on my property. #6  
@Gypsyman - Nice Find... You might be in luck A & B Eagle Line Equipment Inc is still in business & looks like they still sell very similar box blades...

/ A couple of interesting finds on my property. #7  
Treasure (y)

/ A couple of interesting finds on my property.
Nice finds. I was expecting rusted out junk.
That's what I was expecting when he told me what he had found. I'll send photos to A & B in the morning and see what they can tell me about the box blade. Even just a weight would be good information.

I'm going to walk the skid trail in the morning and see if I can locate the gin pole.

/ A couple of interesting finds on my property. #10  
Nice find.