A couple of interesting finds on my property.

/ A couple of interesting finds on my property. #31  
Nice find. (y)

/ A couple of interesting finds on my property.
In Florida I'm thinking maybe stuff got buried by a flood/hurricane? Yes I'd be using a magnet and metal detector! So far you've found some good things!
As near as I can tell everything is just buried in 20+ years of undergrowth and the tree litter that rains down around here every time a cloud farts. The loggers are taking care of that by clear cutting the pine to make pastures and feed plots while leaving all of the native hardwoods.

One last update. Drug the boom pole out of the ditch once they removed the downed trees. It's a Leinbach Line brand and appear to be in perfect condition. Should come in handy.

We found a helicopter chassis out in the heaviest area of the property. I don't know much about helicopters but it sure looks like an old Huey from Vietnam. After some digging and talking to the neighbor I found an old picture of it along with the new photo that I took. Had the loggers clear out around it to protect it for now. Also found the remnants of a crumpled up Cessna.

Last but not least.

There is an old metal shed on the property that was locked and none of the keys worked. Finally got around to cutting the lock off. When I opened the door right in the middle of a bunch of junk piles sat a 2006 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO on 4 completely rotted off tires. I drug it down to the house and started checking it over. Hooked a battery to it and the speedometer powered up. Shows just 238 hours on the clock. After a bit of tinkering I determined that the started solenoid was bad and the rubber intake manifold had a split in it along with a missing bolt that I found wedged on top of the transmission.

Long story short, $100 in eBay parts, along with 4 new tires and a new battery, and I have a perfect running 4 wheeler to get around the property. Silly thing starts and runs like a new machine. The plastic body work is rough but I'll find a parts machine to swap out the panels and fenders from.

That's all for now...

Attachments

• Leinbach Boom Pole (1).JPG
    Leinbach Boom Pole (1).JPG
    5 MB · Views: 120
  • Leinbach Boom Pole (2).JPG
    Leinbach Boom Pole (2).JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2674.jpeg
    IMG_2674.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_8280.JPG
    IMG_8280.JPG
    913 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0224.JPG
    IMG_0224.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0228.JPG
    IMG_0228.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 128
   / A couple of interesting finds on my property. #34  
Does that helo still have the turbine in it? Regardless very cool stuff on your property.

No idea on the turbine. The entire crew was waiting on me to grab a quick picture so they could get back to work. I’ll look more closely when I go back up there.

/ A couple of interesting finds on my property. #36  
There might be some salvage value in that stuff. We recently took a long trip, mostly we spent time in Montana and Idaho. There was a museum in Polson Montana that I can only describe as kind of a large eclectic collection. For example the front half of an F4 Phantom. How do you even end up with that? They also had a Huey and in the background an old MASH era helicopter.
IMG_2476.jpeg

/ A couple of interesting finds on my property. #37  
Super cool property ! That HELO sitting out there is awesome.

I feels like it sometimes.

I also found an abandoned well right off the corner of the garage that was covered up with brush. While the well company was out here inspecting the other two wells I popped the cap off and had them drop a camera down in it. Appears to be in exceptionally good shape and clean. I don’t know if they abandon it because it was too close to the house and they didn’t want to look at the pressure tank or maybe it had a slow recovery rate. If it’s just a slow recovery rate it’s a perfect candidate for a deep well hand pump for emergencies.

The next adventure will be to throw on some waders and walk both of the creeks. It would be pretty cool to find an arrowhead or megalodon tooth. =)

/ A couple of interesting finds on my property. #40  
What an exciting place you bought!
I have a creek and a nice spring. I'd love to find 3 clean wells like that!