A couple of pics from England - my 5065e

/ A couple of pics from England - my 5065e #31  
They match the tire size to the horsepower. It is pointless to have more tire then the tractor can make use of.

If you look at nearly every MFWD tractor in Europe they have wider tires than the same tractor in the US. Same with MF and CaseIH. A slightly wider tire is going hold up out the mud better than a narrow one. I realize there is a point at which you can have too much tire for a given tractor.

/ A couple of pics from England - my 5065e #32  
If you look at nearly every MFWD tractor in Europe they have wider tires than the same tractor in the US. Same with MF and CaseIH. A slightly wider tire is going hold up out the mud better than a narrow one. I realize there is a point at which you can have too much tire for a given tractor.
It might be that poorly drained clay soils are prevalent in Europe compared to the USA and the size difference is appropriate. Even in the US some states have large areas of red clay subsoil that make wide tires or even rubber tracks the way to go. That's why they let you "build your own" as you know better then anyone at the factory where you need to go with it and what your going to have on the hitch.

/ A couple of pics from England - my 5065e #33  
US Deere for 5065E:
Front R1's = 9.5-24 In. 6PR R1 Bias
Rear = 16.9-28 In. 6PR R1 Bias

UK Deere for 5065E:
Front R1's = 320/85 R20 12.4 R20
Rear = 380/85 R28 14.9 R28

The fronts are wider and rears are narrower on the UK tractor.

/ A couple of pics from England - my 5065e #34  
US Deere for 5065E:
Front R1's = 9.5-24 In. 6PR R1 Bias
Rear = 16.9-28 In. 6PR R1 Bias

UK Deere for 5065E:
Front R1's = 320/85 R20 12.4 R20
Rear = 380/85 R28 14.9 R28

The fronts are wider and rears are narrower on the UK tractor.
Interesting. Perhaps the self leveling loaders required in the UK weigh more so need a bigger front tire foot print to support them.

/ A couple of pics from England - my 5065e
I would need it on the left side here. Do you think it would be in the way getting on and off the tractor?

Thanks, Bill

I had a good look at how this would work and the mirror could get in the way slightly when getting on and off. However, it is actually telescopic, so you could push it in out of the way and hopefully find a position where it is out of the way and can still be effective to see behind you.

Last edited: