A couple of pics from England - my 5065e

/ A couple of pics from England - my 5065e #21  
Yes A very nice setup. I can't say I like where they mounted your tool box but it wouldn't look any better on the rear fender where mine is on an American spec 5045E.

/ A couple of pics from England - my 5065e #22  
Yes A very nice setup. I can't say I like where they mounted your tool box but it wouldn't look any better on the rear fender where mine is on an American spec 5045E.

I've been looking for a better place to mount a larger tool box. Can't say I'm impressed with either of JD's locations. I'm 6'2" and if I'm on the ground I can barely see into my fender mounted box.
I was considering making a bracket in the front where the suitcase weight hanger would normally go. Reaching around the loader isn't optimal, but I haven't been able to come up with anything else. Ideas?

Bill

/ A couple of pics from England - my 5065e
I am 6'3" and never had an issue with the tool box in daily use. I do see how it could be an issue on the fender though. The only time I have a hassle with the current location is when I am filling up from jerry cans. It does get in the way a bit, but it's one of those things that I have just learned to live with.

/ A couple of pics from England - my 5065e #24  
That is a pretty tractor!

/ A couple of pics from England - my 5065e #25  
Why will JD not put tires that wide on the tractors of the same series in the US?

/ A couple of pics from England - my 5065e #26  
At least the fuel tank won't melt on the UK version when the...(what is it?..) 3pth hydraulic relief valve melts it (or so I hear). :)

/ A couple of pics from England - my 5065e #28  
Seriously. Those little skinnies they put on mine sure do help, but come on, this is America! Bigger is better!

By your sarcasm I take you think wider is not better. I guess it depends on what you're doing and the ground you're running on but around here wider is better. Then again you could ask Bobby Goodson of Goodson All-Terrain Logging what he thinks.;-)

0.jpg

/ A couple of pics from England - my 5065e #29  
Why will JD not put tires that wide on the tractors of the same series in the US?
They match the tire size to the horsepower. It is pointless to have more tire then the tractor can make use of.

/ A couple of pics from England - my 5065e #30  
By your sarcasm I take you think wider is not better. I guess it depends on what you're doing and the ground you're running on but around here wider is better. Then again you could ask Bobby Goodson of Goodson All-Terrain Logging what he thinks.;-)

View attachment 364706

No, I wish they were wider, especially when you have a bucket full of wet dirt from some bottom land and are trying to back out of it without sinking.