About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #191  
jinman and mikim: I haven't met either of you, but you boys need to get all of this stuff behind you, and then we need to have a Texas size celebration! If any of the others on the forum are enduring cancer treatment, and can make the trek, they need to make the party too! I'll bet we could set a record for attendance and fun! (As well as the amount of food and beer consumed!)

jinman; Are they waiting until your chemo is finished, before doing another PET scan, or are they doing one midpoint, to see if the other sites are responding to the chemo? As far as looking at the bright side (which you have been doing admirably!), the chemo should be behind you in time to plant next year's garden! Maybe we can have the "Who grew the biggest tomato" competition next year! :thumbsup:

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #192  
what a nice idea, FG, that's sweet.
And boy will we all pray for rain the day of the party.
Someone will have to do her run...:D

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #193  
We need another Texas get together. It's been awhile. An after-cancer party sounds good to me. Jim - I beat mine - now it's your turn. I'm starting into my 3 month monitor phase now. Every 3 months I go back to check that it hasn't recurred. You can check my cancer head thread - but my CT scan & Dr visit on the 14th showed the tumor had totally dissipated. I'm free & clear - no surgery required. daugen - our Texas parties are worth the trip.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #194  
Jim, I dont know how I totally missed this thread!! I haven't had time to read it all, but you certainly will be in my thoughts and prayers!! I have never met you in person, but have great respect for you just the same. God speed in in your recovery.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #196  
I truly hope my experience will encourage guys to be more self-aware and get to their doctor's much earlier than I did. Why more men are not made aware of this possibility is really puzzling.
In all seriousness, because if you mention 'breast' when referring to a man some fellers get squirmy. Sad but true.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #197  
Jim, now you can have all the Jello and Blue Bell ya want!!! Ya know, glass half full thing:D

It's a great thing you have "good woman" too, prayers for both of you !!:thumbsup:

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men
jinman; Are they waiting until your chemo is finished, before doing another PET scan, or are they doing one midpoint, to see if the other sites are responding to the chemo? As far as looking at the bright side (which you have been doing admirably!), the chemo should be behind you in time to plant next year's garden! Maybe we can have the "Who grew the biggest tomato" competition next year! :thumbsup:

Oh gosh! Let's not do a PET scan too early. Those things run about $4k each.:eek: Chemo is a very rigid sequence of treatments not subject to a lot of alteration in dosages or frequency. Texas Oncology has one of the most efficient systems of lab work I have ever seen. I have blood drawn and 10 minutes later, my oncologist has a full and detailed lab report. Those results and my weight are plugged into the calculations of dosage. They don't like it much when I lose weight. I know this time I will have lost over 10 lb since my last treatment. My appetite and eating habits have been severely altered. Luckily, I'm still above 200 lb, so there is no worry of me wasting away.:D It would break my heart to get down below 200 lb.;)

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #199  
I feel your weight pain thing. My wife was told by the VA that I was morbidly obese because at 5-8 and 214 lbs I'm way out of line. The good news is I'm now down to 195, no diet as such, just new teeth take all of the fun out of eating.

Get strong. The great thing about life is it constantly changes. That means when we have good times we need to embrace them because it won't last. The upside of that is we understand that tough times will go by the way if we can endure.
Oh gosh! Let's not do a PET scan too early. Those things run about $4k each.:eek: Chemo is a very rigid sequence of treatments not subject to a lot of alteration in dosages or frequency. Texas Oncology has one of the most efficient systems of lab work I have ever seen. I have blood drawn and 10 minutes later, my oncologist has a full and detailed lab report. Those results and my weight are plugged into the calculations of dosage. They don't like it much when I lose weight. I know this time I will have lost over 10 lb since my last treatment. My appetite and eating habits have been severely altered. Luckily, I'm still above 200 lb, so there is no worry of me wasting away.:D It would break my heart to get down below 200 lb.;)

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #200  
I thought you looked like you'd lost weight, Harvey, and wish I had the will power to lose my extra weight, but I sure don't want to do it like you and Jim.