ADD-A-Grapple ??????

/ ADD-A-Grapple ?????? #11  
It seems like the bucket sides would limit the ability to pick up stuff longer than the bucket width. I use often my grapple for logs. I only put the bucket on when I need to move dirt.

Everything Attachments makes some nice grapples in different sizes. They're not cheap but they're not $3k, and they are well made. I'm happy with mine. I'm running it off a rear remote with the valve on the fender next to the loader joystick. When I get around to it I'll make my own 3rd function.

/ ADD-A-Grapple ?????? #12  
My grapple is on a rock bucket, while it is handy and usefull it is not one that I would recommend,
I believe the root rake or brush style would be a better choice.
When I am picking up logs or large rocks I have to run the curl function most of the way down and actually get the tines rolled back past vertical for the grapple teeth to get to grade level and curl under whatever I am lifting.

/ ADD-A-Grapple ?????? #13  
on my 2400H I built my own thumb style grapple for approx $350 in parts. Tines are ripper teeth from by box blade. Cylinder is 1 1/2 bore by 6 inch stroke I had the diverter (not shown)so this is not included in that price.

I need to copy this idea on my backhoe. Nice job!

/ ADD-A-Grapple ??????
Thanks Gentlemen for the feed back - appreciate it,
Yes my 2400h is a smaller tractor. 24hp , I have been looking for over a year because weight and load lift is my main concern , the 48” Wildcat is at 300lbs , not my absolute choice just yet but it has the longer tines at the bottom for brush and debris,do like the EA 50” also at around 300 lbs with removable tines which puts it at 275lbs probably better quality than the Wildcat but 600$ more , and I do know “ya get what ya pay for” so what’s a guy to do , thanks guys for your replies always interesting, Nor Cal Dan - Oh ,BTW go 9ers , that’ll open a can

/ ADD-A-Grapple ?????? #15  
Dan - one thing that has always weighed on many of my final decisions. Who is going to instal this do-hickey and where will I get service. Yes, I have purchased a few implements from afar - tooth bar for my bucket, etc. But this I installed myself and I really doubt the tooth bar will ever need service.

The local Kubota dealer gave me a fair price on the Land Pride grapple, WR Long third function & installation. By looking at my post #5 you would not guess that. However - his final package price saved me over $1000. Mostly on the cost of installation.

I do not know the intricacies of hydraulics and realize that I probably could have never installed a grapple & third function myself.

"A man has got to know his limitations" - - Dirty Harry.

I know you have an excellent field to choose from. "Choose wisely, grasshopper......" - - Kung Fu Master, Po

/ ADD-A-Grapple ?????? #16  
on my 2400H I built my own thumb style grapple for approx $350 in parts. Tines are ripper teeth from by box blade. Cylinder is 1 1/2 bore by 6 inch stroke I had the diverter (not shown)so this is not included in that price.

I need to copy this idea on my backhoe. Nice job!
Back many years ago when I had a backhoe, I used two ripper teeth clamped to the boom, for a fixed thumb:

P1091484.JPG
P1091472.JPG

P1091473.JPG
P1091474.JPG

Only had to drill one hole in each ripper.

Last edited:
   / ADD-A-Grapple ?????? #17  
Give you some ideas on cost.

Heavy duty Land Pride SGC 1560 grapple( 60" wide ) --- $3175

WR Long third function valving system ------------------- $1195

These are 2014 prices and include the cost of dealer installation.

December 2019 price for my Armstrong Ag Mini 60"grapple and Branson 3rd function was 1000.00 dollars. Dealer installed
I wanted to get an EA grapple but money was a problem. So I took a chance on this one and its been great! Hasn't bent, broke or deformed.
I have dug up and pulled stumps, moved 24" cir logs, and cleared brush for parking areas. Its been a good tool for the money and I have no regrets.

/ ADD-A-Grapple ?????? #18  
December 2019 price for my Armstrong Ag Mini 60"grapple and Branson 3rd function was 1000.00 dollars. Dealer installed
I wanted to get an EA grapple but money was a problem. So I took a chance on this one and its been great! Hasn't bent, broke or deformed.
I have dug up and pulled stumps, moved 24" cir logs, and cleared brush for parking areas. Its been a good tool for the money and I have no regrets.

Thanks a good price and you saved a mint over EA pricing. :thumbsup:

/ ADD-A-Grapple ?????? #19  
Wow. I would expect the Branson 3rd function alone to be more than $1K.

/ ADD-A-Grapple ?????? #20  
I'd love to hear everyone's (particularly those who have a grapple) opinion about bang for the buck.

I would have to buy the third function and the grapple and I've gotten very good at picking up brush piles and logs with my pallet forks. Besides brush piles, logs, and rocks, what else do you use the grapple for? Do you guys think a grapple is a good value?