add lighting

/ add lighting #1  

textedford

Tractor
mahindra 1626,ford 8n
hi guys new to this forum i have a mahindra 1626 tractor love this tractor i have 1,000' of driveway to plow snow in the plow hides the headlights how do i wire lights to the rollbar(i think two pods one on each side)thanks tex.
1950,8n ford.
2021,1626 mahindra.

/ add lighting #2  
I installed clamps on my ROPS then added an LED light bar attached to them.

/ add lighting
hi roadworthy ok made the clamps,lights on the way how do i wire them in thanks tex

/ add lighting #4  
Check your fuse panel. My Kubota has a fuse for the work light. My connector was under the left fender I learned from a Kubota website. The fuse was rated at ten amps. I purchased a mating connector for my factory connector and was able to power my lighting from there. I added a switch because that circuit was hot whenever the ignition was on. I also checked the actual current draw of my light bar before ever connecting it to the tractor. It was five amps so I was well inside my safety zone. I don't know Mahindra at all and if they don't have a work light fuse you may need to run a line from your battery all the way to an inline fuse and from there to any switch you want and then to your light. It's not hard but may take a bit of planning. The light you choose will dictate the wire size. I strongly recommend stranded wire over solid wire as the constant vibration will cause solid wire to break at the worst possible time.

/ add lighting
hi roadworthy yes got all that i am a electrician by trade i have the" service manual" for this tractor but couldn't find anything on it but thanks for the help anyway tex.
1950 ford 8n
2021 mahindra 1626

/ add lighting #6  
check the rear side, near the mid pto, there was a wiring plug on my 26 for a horn/lighting, was taped up, but had a label

/ add lighting
hi LittleBill21 ok is this plug on driver or passenger side(sitting in the seat) thanks tex.

/ add lighting #8  
hi LittleBill21 ok is this plug on driver or passenger side(sitting in the seat) thanks tex.
near the mid pto lever side, driver side, blue tape? butt connectors, was in the same harness as the mid pto controls.

look at this post

4th picture is where i tied into this plug.

/ add lighting
hi Littlebill21 found it the label said 3a.can't use that 2-40w lights is 80w or 6.66a will have to do something else but thanks for the help tex.

/ add lighting #10  
hi Littlebill21 found it the label said 3a.can't use that 2-40w lights is 80w or 6.66a will have to do something else but thanks for the help tex.
yep, 3a for lights 2a for horn. led lights should work for you though, not sure why they derate it so much, wire is thin, but its tied to the 10a fuse in the panel.

something like this should work

Last edited: