Adding a foot stand to an angle blade.

/ Adding a foot stand to an angle blade. #21  
   / Adding a foot stand to an angle blade. #22  
I did the same with mine.It makes it easier hooking it up or unhooking it.

Last edited:
   / Adding a foot stand to an angle blade. #23  
Just curious why you broke your response into 2 posts? You have several hours to edit your post.

This isn't the NUMBER OF POSTS DONT CHANGE thread. :)

/ Adding a foot stand to an angle blade. #24  
Most blade manufacturers make a kit to add a parking stand if you're not inclined to build one. Land pride does, for example.

Sean

/ Adding a foot stand to an angle blade. #25  
Ok, finally got some pics of the stand. I didn't have the exact right size square tube to use for the outer sleeve, so I welded a cap where it needed to be between the two side supports.

DSC01892.jpg DSC01895.jpg

Sean

/ Adding a foot stand to an angle blade. #26  
For those of us without welders, is there a cost-effective add on stand you could buy that might clamp or bolt on?

A no weld solution is a piece of pipe drilled through and bolted to the blade with a heavy duty spring between the pipe and the blade frame...The spring allows the pipe to pivot or invert...you can get thread on base plates for common sized galv. pipe...

FWIW...This is the type of (kick) stand that came on my tiller...

/ Adding a foot stand to an angle blade.
   / Adding a foot stand to an angle blade. #28  
Don't be jealous James, he's probably just a better tigger than you :stirthepot:

Yeah, I'm kidding - just jealous meself 'cause you've had time to play with your tig and I'm still running miles of wire thru the mig :D Steve

/ Adding a foot stand to an angle blade.
Don't be jealous James, he's probably just a better tigger than you :stirthepot:

Yeah, I'm kidding - just jealous meself 'cause you've had time to play with your tig and I'm still running miles of wire thru the mig :D Steve

Well I could have bought 6 inches of little chain for 1/2 of what I paid in gas to make mine, but it was fun!

/ Adding a foot stand to an angle blade. #30  
No argument here - in my mind, if you're not having fun you should be doing something else :thumbsup:

I'm a firm believer in the logic that making things for the shop is a good enough reason to HAVE a shop :D ...Steve