Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase

/ Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase #71  
Can you imagine any Ford or Toyota dealer saying "If i don't have the part in stock, I will just take off a similar new vehicle". Just because its a Tractor, does clear the Branson dealer from his irresponsible statement.

I won’t say it’s often, but it happens at new-car dealers.

Mike

/ Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase #72  
Maybe his next trick will be to remove the
steering wheel to adjust the seat????????????

willy
That's a 2025. I have a 1025 (smaller frame). This video shows the cotter pins coming out to the inside. My cotter pins come out into the tires. If there's a trick, I haven't found it.

/ Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase #73  
I wa

I was curious and just watched a video of someone removing and re installing a backhoe on a 1025. He didn’t seem to have any issues and definately had no need to remove the tires. Makes me wonder exactly what issues your having and why?
Link? Only one's I've seen were not for my model. Dealer confirmed to me they removed the tire when it was their rental unit. Not knowing any better, I figured it was a hangover from importing a core and building a tractor around it in a hurry. I haven't personally changed a tire, but I've seen the plate the tire bolts onto. It's not like changing a car tire. It's not a one person, two hands kind of a job. Two people or a dolly to hold the tire in place while you bolt it on, no problem. The report was, as a one person job, it was a PITA.

We've only taken the backhoe off once to put an augur on, drill a few test holes and then swap the backhoe back on. I'm sure we'll get better at it with some practice.

/ Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase #74  
My key has Not bent. I have had my rear wheels off and on all by myself, and no harder than any other tractor. I have not found any nits yet that interfere with daily use.

I did, however, find some small design flaws, but i was able to correct all 3 of them myself. Of course my corrections look like DIY things but they work.
The rear wheel on my unit attaches to flat plate. There's no way to steady the tire and bolt the tire onto the plate without a third hand. My tire changer reported he did it by himself but it was a PITA. Since he was the one that blew the tire and fixed it, I didn't get to experience the fun first hand.

My tire changer is also a tad on the larger size of the scale if you know what I mean. When exiting the tractor to the right it's easy for (ahem) larger people to bump up against the key and bend it. With the newer replacement keys (available middle of second model year), it's not a problem. Dealer sent me new keys no problem.

The hazard lights on the ROPS were a joke. One was already hanging by a thread when I bought it. They gave me a new part, but by the time I got it and removed the old part, the other light was already starting to break off. Since Bawb doesn't see street use, both lights are now removed.

/ Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase #75  
The rear wheel on my unit attaches to flat plate. There's no way to steady the tire and bolt the tire onto the plate without a third hand. My tire changer reported he did it by himself but it was a PITA. Since he was the one that blew the tire and fixed it, I didn't get to experience the fun first hand.

My tire changer is also a tad on the larger size of the scale if you know what I mean. When exiting the tractor to the right it's easy for (ahem) larger people to bump up against the key and bend it. With the newer replacement keys (available middle of second model year), it's not a problem. Dealer sent me new keys no problem.

The hazard lights on the ROPS were a joke. One was already hanging by a thread when I bought it. They gave me a new part, but by the time I got it and removed the old part, the other light was already starting to break off. Since Bawb doesn't see street use, both lights are now removed.
How can the wheel be a pita on a 1025? It is no bigger than my garden tractor/lawn mower. Hazard lights on mine are fine too. It sounds like your tractor was missing some TLC; not that it is an inferior machine.

/ Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase #76  
It's a pita because I do not have 3 hands and the rear tire is half again bigger than my garden tractor. It could well be lack of tractor experience, but if you compare a 1025R to the CT1025 the difference is obvious. On the CT1025, the tire mounts vertically flat against a plate. There is nothing to support the tire and keep the holes aligned while you bolt it onto the plate. I'm sure it's a piece of cake with the right tools or a second set of hands. When I need to do it again, I'll build a tool. I was thinking of a cradle, but two bolts might get the job done.

/ Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase #77  
It's a pita because I do not have 3 hands and the rear tire is half again bigger than my garden tractor. It could well be lack of tractor experience, but if you compare a 1025R to the CT1025 the difference is obvious. On the CT1025, the tire mounts vertically flat against a plate. There is nothing to support the tire and keep the holes aligned while you bolt it onto the plate. I'm sure it's a piece of cake with the right tools or a second set of hands. When I need to do it again, I'll build a tool. I was thinking of a cradle, but two bolts might get the job done.
Can you thread one or two studs in a bit to index the wheel until you get a couple of bolts started?

/ Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase #78  
I don't think so. The plate is thin and I don't think it's threaded. Hopefully I won't need to work this for a while. I was thinking of using longer bolts as temp supports.

/ Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase #79  
Link? Only one's I've seen were not for my model. Dealer confirmed to me they removed the tire when it was their rental unit. Not knowing any better, I figured it was a hangover from importing a core and building a tractor around it in a hurry. I haven't personally changed a tire, but I've seen the plate the tire bolts onto. It's not like changing a car tire. It's not a one person, two hands kind of a job. Two people or a dolly to hold the tire in place while you bolt it on, no problem. The report was, as a one person job, it was a PITA.

We've only taken the backhoe off once to put an augur on, drill a few test holes and then swap the backhoe back on. I'm sure we'll get better at it with some practice.
I think there are a few here that would like to see some pics of your backhoe attachment points. Something just doesn’t sound right as almost all the backhoe mounting systems we have seen on tractors for about the last 8 years from most brands have been very easy to attach and detach. None in my memory required dismounting tires.

So how about some pics?

/ Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase #80  
I think there are a few here that would like to see some pics of your backhoe attachment points. Something just doesn’t sound right as almost all the backhoe mounting systems we have seen on tractors for about the last 8 years from most brands have been very easy to attach and detach. None in my memory required dismounting tires.

So how about some pics?
Ya'd think. Just my luck?

This wasn't a priority. But it will be a good challenge. Getting something useful might be difficult. A cell phone might get a better angle. I had to do the cotter pin by feel. My partner in crime said he could see it when he did his side but his hands were too big to work easily in the tight space. I don't plan on taking the backhoe off again until next summer, but I'll take a stab tomorrow at some pics, but expectations are low. As a first time tractor owner with a new to the business model tractor, could be me or could be the tractor design.

As a systems engineer by training, it smells like an integration error that makes perfect sense when you think about how this tractor was built. They had "cores" shipped here by boat from Kioti and ran those down an assembly line, putting on controls, tires, etc. By the time they figured their "production line" design made attaching 3 point implements awkward, it was too late for a year 1 product and attaching 3 point implements is supposed to be awkward, right? But something nagging me is how the CT1025 claimed to be full cat 1 3 point where the 1025R was limited 3 point. Could this be related? What did they do differently? Maybe pics can answer that too? hmmpf. Cya tomorrow.