Advice on building a tractor shed?

/ Advice on building a tractor shed? #61  
Thats great, Who did you order from? THat is a long narrow building , Is it for a particular piece of equipment?
I got it from Sheila’s sheds in Cherryville NC it’s 18x40 10ft sides it’s for tractor lawn mower quad I have another more of a carport style open ends that’s 24x40 previous owner put up I should be good now ??😜

/ Advice on building a tractor shed? #62  
This is a pole barn. Probably too large. 30-ft deep and 12-foot bays. Make it as many bays long as you want.

It is a standard plan from the Library at North Dakota State University. Which has a library of plans for agricultural buildings, and things like chicken nests, and milking stalls, etc. Building PlansBuilding Plans

Attachments

• 6362.pdf
    167.7 KB · Views: 138
   / Advice on building a tractor shed? #63  
Any updates? Did you get your shed built? How about some pics?

I have a DIY 16’x20’12’h. I just put in some glass blocks above the doors to let some light in. It doesn’t have any other windows. I needed something to be able to take the impact of occasional soccer balls.

Facing East
1646585510392.jpeg

Facing West
1646585385431.jpeg

/ Advice on building a tractor shed? #64  
My tin shed was just a few months old the first time I said to myself, "dang-it, I should have made it bigger".
If you go with trusses I would go with a ceiling on the bottom side of the trusses .if you dont whatever is parked in there will be covered in bird poop

/ Advice on building a tractor shed? #65  
The Open End should face EAST as prevailing winds are from the West. Build the door way at least 16" higher than your ROPS. Shelving along the sides, 8' x 2' wide Work Benches at either end but along the side. One at back one at front (open end) LOTS of Lighting and outlets. Consider 220V service for Welder roughed in. A 4x4 Washroom is a valuable addition.
I have built two pole sheds on my property with open fronts the first one was positioned to be at 90 degrees to the prevailing weather and I were pleasantly surprised how little rain got inside but it was still cold and damp in there The second build the opening was placed to get maximum sun in it and it was much higher than required which also lets more sun with the other three sides airtight the driving rain wind doesn't come in that far in The build up of pressure seems to stop more wind coming in getting all that sun certainly drys the place out and reduces condensation.
My two learnings are make the three closed walls airtight to stop through drafts and make sure you get sun into the building at some stage during the day

/ Advice on building a tractor shed? #66  
I have built two pole sheds on my property with open fronts the first one was positioned to be at 90 degrees to the prevailing weather and I were pleasantly surprised how little rain got inside but it was still cold and damp in there The second build the opening was placed to get maximum sun in it and it was much higher than required which also lets more sun with the other three sides airtight the driving rain wind doesn't come in that far in The build up of pressure seems to stop more wind coming in getting all that sun certainly drys the place out and reduces condensation.
My two learnings are make the three closed walls airtight to stop through drafts and make sure you get sun into the building at some stage during the day
My Dad design the house I grew up in, so that the sun came in the picture windows starting just before the fall equinox, and quit coming in a few weeks after the spring equinox. An admirable attempt to be energy efficient when he designed it in 1952.