After market cutting edge?

/ After market cutting edge? #1  

Chainsaw.

Tractor
Yanmar YM1500 & YM2000D
Hey all. I have a no name FEL with a little bitty bucket on it. I'm wondering if anyone has found a good source for a hardened cutting edge for a 48" bucket. I would like a reversible one, held one by carriage bolts. The mild steel edge....isn't gonna cut it. :cautious:

/ After market cutting edge? #2  
Titan. May need cutting to fit
Everything Attachments or BXpanded will make you a custom bolt on edges. Their innovative designs help with low power and small size bucket performance.

/ After market cutting edge? #3  
Here's the ticket, and it's been shipping within 2 weeks here lately!
Travis

/ After market cutting edge?
Thanks Smokey!!

/ After market cutting edge? #5  
This probably a little late, but just in case. Tractor supply has a line of boron steel bucket edges. Very hard, very strong, great for bolting on. They are a significantly stronger steel compared to Titan, who make great attachments. Welding is probably not for novices.

All the best,

Peter

/ After market cutting edge? #6  
There are a number of reviews of cutting edges for front end loaders on YouTube. I am favoring the Wicked Toothbar by Everything Attachments, which Ted posted above. These appear to hold up well and they are custom made for your tractor based upon your measurements. I hope to order one for my tractor this week.

/ After market cutting edge? #7  
Chainsaw, you mentioned carriage bolts - all the edges I've seen/used have been held on with PLOW bolts - look sorta similar to carriage bolts, but end up being completely flat with the surrounding surface - here's what plow bolts look like

If your "itty-bitty" bucket edge really IS carriage bolts, just ignore me :oops: ... Steve

/ After market cutting edge? #8  
The thing about a bolt-on cutting edge held on with plow bolts (basically what you'd find on most rear angle blades or box blades) is that it has to bolt onto something fairly strong to keep the things you run into from 'peeling up' or wedging into the front edge of the '
actual bucket'. So unless you are bolting THROUGH the existing cutting edge, it's a semi-bad idea to just bolt a real cutting edge to some 1/8" sheet and go start prying on things. It will probably peel open the corners of the bucket and the front edge of the bucket will be a wavy mess after a while.

I have a 48" bucket that the factory cutting edge was only stitch welded to (not fully seam welded all the way across) and i have wedged things pretty hard into that gap where it is not welded.

So i'd say either weld on your replacement and just buy it thick/strong enough that you'll never run out of material to 'redress', or bolt it THROUGH whatever cutting edge is on there now and just deal with how it hangs off the bottom a bit funny.

/ After market cutting edge? #9  
I had to replace the original cutting edge on my BX2230 a while back. I bought a new factory piece, and a replaceable edge for a later BX, clamped them together, marked the holes on my original type edge and drilled it so I could bolt the replaceable edge to it. Had the replacement edge welded on and then bolted the extra edge to the bottom of it. Trimmed the attaching bolts off flush with the nuts and it has worked like a charme ever since.

Attachments

• IMG_20200123_111309508 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_20200123_111309508 (Custom).jpg
    716 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20200202_124337637.jpg
    IMG_20200202_124337637.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 94
   / After market cutting edge?
Chainsaw, you mentioned carriage bolts - all the edges I've seen/used have been held on with PLOW bolts - look sorta similar to carriage bolts, but end up being completely flat with the surrounding surface - here's what plow bolts look like

If your "itty-bitty" bucket edge really IS carriage bolts, just ignore me :oops: ... Steve
Steve. I'm sure you are correct. I've replaced countless dozer, motor grader, scraper etc blades, so I'm familiar with the bolts you speak of, just didnt know what they are called. Thanks!