Aftermarket telescoping trailer tow mirrors

/ Aftermarket telescoping trailer tow mirrors #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Have 2008 Superduty with manual telescoping, power/heated trailer tow mirrors. After 12 years, the passenger side is pretty well shot from overgrown roadside growth.
Anyone try the cheap knock offs on EBay?
Its incredible they can ship a pair of these to me for $160. A new one from Ford is double that. They appear very similar, but the knock offs may not last.
Its a 12 year old truck, so need to save my pennies for repairs. Thought these might be a shortcut worth trying?
Any feedback on your results with them appreciated.

/ Aftermarket telescoping trailer tow mirrors #2  
No personal experience but on the F150 forums people that have added the after market but factory looking tow mirrors are usually happy but some people complain the glass can be shaky.

/ Aftermarket telescoping trailer tow mirrors #3  
Wonder how long the aftermarket one will last hitting overgrown roadside growth?

/ Aftermarket telescoping trailer tow mirrors #4  
Have 2008 Superduty with manual telescoping, power/heated trailer tow mirrors. After 12 years, the passenger side is pretty well shot from overgrown roadside growth.
Anyone try the cheap knock offs on EBay?
Its incredible they can ship a pair of these to me for $160. A new one from Ford is double that. They appear very similar, but the knock offs may not last.
Its a 12 year old truck, so need to save my pennies for repairs. Thought these might be a shortcut worth trying?
Any feedback on your results with them appreciated.

When I was truck shopping I found a few trucks with out factory tow mirrors and looking at adding them, oddly I could find OEM take offs for sale quite readily at the time. I did see the "knock offs" and I'd give them a try if didn't have tow mirrors. I doubt Ford has a mirror factory....someone makes them!

/ Aftermarket telescoping trailer tow mirrors
Wonder how long the aftermarket one will last hitting overgrown roadside growth?

Probably not very long, but we’re talking about a 12-13 year old truck with 178,000 miles on it and I’m not really in the mood to spend more on one Ford mirror than 2 new ones.
I would be interested in a used Ford factory mirror if it’s not damaged.

/ Aftermarket telescoping trailer tow mirrors #6  
Probably not very long, but we’re talking about a 12-13 year old truck with 178,000 miles on it and I’m not really in the mood to spend more on one Ford mirror than 2 new ones.
I would be interested in a used Ford factory mirror if it’s not damaged.

Maybe call some boneyards??

I've got two Super Duty trucks. I pull trailers with both. The older truck is an '00 with 265,000 miles. If I lost a mirror I'd probably start with a boneyard. Last resort would be the Ford dealership. But I'd replace the mirror with a quality mirror.

I've never bought an aftermarket one so can't offer any guidance there.

Maybe call some boneyards??

I've got two Super Duty trucks. I pull trailers with both. The older truck is an '00 with 265,000 miles. If I lost a mirror I'd probably start with a boneyard. Last resort would be the Ford dealership. But I'd replace the mirror with a quality mirror.

I've never bought an aftermarket one so can't offer any guidance there.

Yep, that’s why I started the thread. If reviews are that I can get decent replacement mirrors for $160, I might go for it.
CL has spotty availability on them

/ Aftermarket telescoping trailer tow mirrors #8  
Yep, that’s why I started the thread. If reviews are that I can get decent replacement mirrors for $160, I might go for it.

Wish I could help you. I don't even know of anyone that's tried it. Hope it works out well for you whatever you choose to do.

I'm all about keeping old trucks running. I can't imagine paying $50-$70K for a truck.

Wish I could help you. I don't even know of anyone that's tried it. Hope it works out well for you whatever you choose to do.

I'm all about keeping old trucks running. I can't imagine paying $50-$70K for a truck.
I just did, I couldn’t imagine it, either, but I did :laughing: