ag battery

/ ag battery #12  
Just because it's an AGM (absorbed glass mat) don't mean it's not vented because they are. Any battery with electrolyte in it, flooded cell or AGM will be vented. Only difference between an AGM and a flooded cell is the acid is in suspension in the glass (fiberglass) mat.

/ ag battery #13  
Just because it's an AGM (absorbed glass mat) don't mean it's not vented because they are. Any battery with electrolyte in it, flooded cell or AGM will be vented. Only difference between an AGM and a flooded cell is the acid is in suspension in the glass (fiberglass) mat.
They only vent in extreme circumstances

/ ag battery
Have you checked your alternator output to be sure it's not overcharging?
good point, thought about it. the factory battery was good when replaced (12yrs) & no dashboard alternator lights came on, but that would be worth checking.

/ ag battery #19  
Right. Leave it in there until it destroys the battery tray and self-destructs anyway.
Or he could address the problem with the new battery. Overfilled, overcharging, improperly secured, improperly vented. Whatever it is.
Doesn't take much thought to spend somebody else's cash.

/ ag battery #20  
No battery (in my view) is gonna last 12 years and not let you down when you really need it.

Starting batteries have to be the most neglected part of any engine powered item.

Like I said previously, 5 years and mine get replaced.