Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques?

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #61  
I Did last month. A QH12 And a SL380 Mini Skid Steer. Long way away from Home, but that is not the Auction's Fault.

The last Sale, last week, prices held pretty much at what I paid for the Hoe, the Skid prices dropped $500 from what I paid.

But those Auction Prices are legit, Price Shown, + 5% Fee + Tax, they load you.
You paid only $3000 for your QH12? Heck of a price.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #62  
Less than that after exchange.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #63  
I notice that AGT industrial out of Chicago have a black Friday special on the AGT H-12 and Kat-12 models at $5199 with free shipping in the US. Limited to 30 units.

Edit: 11/26 Today they were down to $4889!

Last edited:
   / Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #64  
Haven't posted posted in awhile. My kat 12 from AGT is on it's last leg. 85 hours and just about everything is leaking . Bolts wont stay tight.. Bla bla bla. Good luck every one . Will be selling for parts that are still good.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #65  
I see a couple of these small ex's listed for sale in Middle Tennessee at dealers where they've dropped the asking prices. There were asking around $9,500 and now they seem to be around $7,000 or thereabouts, although I haven't looked closely at the model number or specs to see if there's something else going on. Seasonal selling? Economy softening?
I don't see these machines in middle Tennessee doing much more than maybe helping plant a flower bed. With all the limestone rock we have here 2 inches under the topsoil, It takes a full size excavator to get any real work done. I just save up all my excavating projects up for a couple of years and then just rent a full size for a few days and knock them all out in one rental.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #66  
Haven't posted posted in awhile. My kat 12 from AGT is on it's last leg. 85 hours and just about everything is leaking . Bolts wont stay tight.. Bla bla bla. Good luck every one . Will be selling for parts that are still good.

Sorry to hear that, FRED. 85hr is lot of use for less than a year of ownership. I am only at 150hr after 5.5 years. I can't do much digging in the summer due to lack of moisture, but I will be using my machine again soon.

If you are near a good sized metro area, you should be able to sell it while it is still working.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #67  
Sorry to hear that, FRED. 85hr is lot of use for less than a year of ownership. I am only at 150hr after 5.5 years. I can't do much digging in the summer due to lack of moisture, but I will be using my machine again soon.

If you are near a good sized metro area, you should be able to sell it while it is still working.
I'm in central VA. so shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the pep talk.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #68  
I Did last month. A QH12 And a SL380 Mini Skid Steer. Long way away from Home, but that is not the Auction's Fault.

The last Sale, last week, prices held pretty much at what I paid for the Hoe, the Skid prices dropped $500 from what I paid.

But those Auction Prices are legit, Price Shown, + 5% Fee + Tax, they load you.
$3000 for your QH12 is what they should be priced at.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #69  
I went to my local action 12/02 I got there late and they had about 35-40 QH12,QU12 & L12's they all had 13.5 B&S The first couple was close to 5k by the end the last 15 or so was 4k I didn't bid because I was late and didn't get to inspect them. My buddy works at the auction and I told him I was about to buy one and he said he was waiting for them to go to 3k and he was going to buy one. I think maybe they had a 4k reserve even though it was absolute because they kept starting them at 4k when no body was bidding. He told me half would not even start when they were delivered because they had bad gas in them. But they were all new. I think they have flooded the market and 4k or less is going to be the new market price.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #70  
Made it about half way down the thread. Seems mostly negative. What I've seen on YouTube, seems mostly positive-ish. For the price (less than a add on back hoe on a CUT), and the off the shelf parts (engine, pump, cylinders,) seems fine, if you don't mind replacing hoses, wiring, ect as problems come up (and they will). I think the one question no one seems to ask, will a 1 ton or 1.5 ton machine do what you need? Or do you really need a JD-27 Cat-302.5 sized machine? Kymco (or something like that) has machines upto a 6500 lbs size class.

So, you might get away working a Cat/JD/Kubota 1.5 T machine doing 3 ton machine work (for a while); but I'm guessing you won't get away with a bargin 1.5t doing 3t work. Now, maybe, get the 2.5T bargain, machine to do 80% 1.5T work, and 20% 3 T work?

Just guessing; I'm assuming pins (some of the 1.2T imports have simple bolts), bushing, ect, will wear faster, and over working the tiny hoe will lead to Much faster wear