Akita Pool

/ Akita Pool
In order to get the pool up and running, I bought a Chlorinator that uses either Chlorine or Bromine. I get really itchy skin from Chlorine, so I'm using Bromine. I've been using it in my hot tub for years with great results. The Chlorinator uses slow release tablets. Either 1 inch or 2 inch. I bought the last two 1.5 pound bottles at Walmart last week to get it going.

Walmart is sold out. Amazon is sold out. Lowes and Home Depot are sold out. I tried Walmart.com and they had one left that was 5 pounds. I bought it!!!! Hopefully it arrives in a couple days and I'll be good for awhile.

/ Akita Pool #282  
My family and friends have always fared better with bromine vs. chlorine.

/ Akita Pool
I haven't worked on the pool or done anything new to it. I'm still on the original water, which is a first for me. The chlorinator and Bromine are doing the job. I have it set to where I'm consistently at 3-4 ppm. We have had some issues in finding Bromine tablets. It's hit or miss at the local stores, but Amazon has been pretty good with the small 5 pound buckets. Summer ends in mid Sep, and then it cools off enough that it's not fun being in the pool anymore, so I'm good for the rest of the year on Bromine.

Yesterday we had a birthday party for our Grandson. Warren is now 5 years old. Since he love Dinosaurs, we bought a few to decorate. To say he was excited wouldn't do justice to his reaction!!!! If there was a better reason for building the pool, I can't think of it. He just loves playing in the water, and he's now big enough that he can walk in it and his head is above water. I think 3 feet deep was the perfect depth for this pool.

The dogs just drink out of it. Last year the puppies would come into it, but not this year. They like to run around it more then anything else. When I'm in the pool, they come to visit and slobber on me. I'm usually in it every evening.

The last picture is of my dad. He's 85 years old

IMG_8958.JPG

IMG_9107.JPG

IMG_9165.JPG

IMG_9175.JPG

IMG_9183.JPG

IMG_9176.JPG

IMG_9184.jpeg

/ Akita Pool #285  
Nice!

When we got our first above ground pool, I added quite a bit if sand to it before putting in the liner so it was only 3' deep. Great depth for the kids to learn.

/ Akita Pool #287  
Awesome shindig Eddie. I thought the dogs loved the pool?
hugs, Brandi

/ Akita Pool #288  
I built a deck on our pool last summer so that our golden dude could swim its been so much fun.

/ Akita Pool
Last year the two puppies would climb into the water and swim out and around. One of the boys would stand in the water on the first step, but he would never go any deeper. This year, they have not gone into it at all. We are having a cooler then normal winter, so maybe it's just not hot enough for them? Akita's don't appear to like swimming. They do drink a lot of it, and they love to slobber on me when I'm in the pool, but otherwise, it's just something to chase each other around when they play. And they can run around it pretty fast, over and over again!!!

/ Akita Pool #290  
Eddie,
You might have posted it somewhere in this thread, but how many hours of sunlight does your pool get?

Our 6' round water trough pool gets sun from about 1:30pm until about 8PM in the summer. This usually brings the pool to between 86 to 93 during the summer if I leave the solar cover off. If I put the solar cover on, it makes it too hot to be comfortable (96 to 105). I find that a temp of around 88 to 90 to be very comfortable (meaning you could sit in it for hours). I also have a wood fired thermal siphon coil that can heat it up at a rate of about 2 to 4 degrees an hour, so with the solar cover and the coil, we can enjoy our pool to around the first few weeks of October.