All newbies, FAQ:

/ All newbies, FAQ: #41  
dang it man all my questions answered with one post how bout that i knew i was gonna like this site.

Makes you wonder why they haven't done what ray66 asked and made this a "sticky":confused:

/ All newbies, FAQ: #42  
if you notice the engine idling rough at startup, check/blow out the air filter.

/ All newbies, FAQ: #43  
Unless you are changing gears KEEP YOUR FOOT OFF THE CLUTCH PEDAL. Read the op manual and undrstand how to adjust clutch freeplay (its a very simple process).

/ All newbies, FAQ:
Unless you are changing gears KEEP YOUR FOOT OFF THE CLUTCH PEDAL. Read the op manual and undrstand how to adjust clutch freeplay (its a very simple process).

I don't think MF any compacts have a clutch.

/ All newbies, FAQ:
The old 1010's did.

Okay then. I guess I should have been more specific when I started this thread.

What I was thinking was a one stop shop, by GC owners, for new GC owners. But what the heck, we can include the antique MF sub compacts too. :thumbsup:

/ All newbies, FAQ: #48  
This is a great thread. I have had my GC 2400 almost two years now and wishing I had joined this site the first day I bought it. I would say for those living in colder areas, the block heater is well worth the money. I hooked mine up to my X10 system that runs lights and appliances in my house so if I want the tractor all warmed up when I get home I can kick the block heater on from my phone before I leave work. Makes for a real easy start on a zero degree day. My dad has the 2610 and went one winter without the blocks heater and this winter he had it installed.

/ All newbies, FAQ: #49  
Before you engage the PTO in order to run your manure spreader, make sure the wind is in your face.
:mad:

/ All newbies, FAQ:
Before you engage the PTO in order to run your manure spreader, make sure the wind is in your face.
:mad:

This thread is meant to be useful, helpful, resource for new MF compact tractor owners. As in those who have never owned a tractor before.

I would be great if we could keep it useful, and helpful.