All Quiet On The Power Trac Front!

/ All Quiet On The Power Trac Front! #1  

MossRoad

Super Moderator
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
I know I haven't had the mighty PT425 out in a couple weeks. No rain. Short lawn. No leaves falling yet. No firewood duties yet.

Ain't noboby doing nothing with their PTs right now? Or are you all just so busy with life that you don't have any time for seat time? :laughing:

/ All Quiet On The Power Trac Front! #2  
I just wrapped up my movie and have put 40 hrs in in the past week. 2k worth of bark dust, cedar chips, rock and topsoil have been deposited on various projects. Major tree falling occurring ( why is it so much fun to cut trees down and suck so bad to limb them up?)

Biggest news is that I bought chains to run full time on the 1850. Now it is a Billy goat. Totally changed my machine. I did find out what happens when you go up a hill that is more than 45 degrees. You start sucking oil and blowing black smoke. Scared the heck out of me.

Did I mention I got an 8 ft landscape rake, a post hole digger and a sub soiler potato digger to run Water/electric.

Now it is time to become chemical Ali and spray blackberries.

Carl

/ All Quiet On The Power Trac Front! #3  
Hi Carl,

Did you do anything about the Prodigy mini skid?

/ All Quiet On The Power Trac Front! #4  
So far I have passed. I think it would make a 425 owner very happy but for me it looks like it would cost me more than it is worth at the end of the day.

Anyone in the PNW want a trencher? I think it is stil up on Craigs...

/ All Quiet On The Power Trac Front! #5  
I've had so little to do between "seasons" that I let a friend borrow my PT & stump grinder for a couple of weeks. There are very few that I'd do that for, but he's one that will return it cleaner than he got it and if anything breaks, he'd do a better repair than I could.

But fall is in the air, I've got much brush to burn, and I can hear my grapple bucket calling!

Phil

/ All Quiet On The Power Trac Front! #6  
058.JPG

My PT425 has become an indispensable extension of my being ! Burning brush with mini hoe/thumb and grapple bucket. Built road with it this summer.
Waiting for cooler weather to start logging again. Many dead trees are calling !
Picture attached of home made hydraulic winch I built for pulling down
the widow makers in my wood lots. Its got 7K of pulling power and can be used on or off the PT. For light pulls the dozer blade digs in to the ground as you pull or you can hook on to a tree base with nylon strapfor full 7K pull. Strong like bull. Winch free spools and has 2 speeds... made for pickup trucks. inexpensive to build with square tubing and trailer towing parts.

/ All Quiet On The Power Trac Front! #7  
That looks good. Good concept too! Is that a mile marker winch?

/ All Quiet On The Power Trac Front! #8  
Very nice. I want one. Can you give us a picture from the back/side, please?

/ All Quiet On The Power Trac Front! #9  
At first I thought that was the snow plow. But now I don't think so. More pictures please.

/ All Quiet On The Power Trac Front! #10  
Here are some back side views showing the hooks welded on for nylon strap attachment so heavy pull loads go back to tree underneath PT with no load on PT at all. For awkward pulls the whole unit gets dropped and strapped to a tree up to 12 feet away from PT and then also use Mongo snatch blocks to turn the cable in any direction when needed to stay out of way of widow makers coming down.The pulley tower also lifts out of the veritical receivers on the plow blade when not needed. (Winch is Mile Marker, will pull large truck up steep cliff. 150' 3/8" cable ! Mucho winch for mini money at Truck AddOns.com)

Attachments

• 065.JPG
    065.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 475
  • 067.JPG
    067.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 510