Alternative Storage

/ Alternative Storage #1  

missesalot

Bronze Member
Tractor
tc45d
I have a 50 acre piece of land that we use for hunting and screwing around with crops. I have a tc45d out there right now, just sitting out in the weather, and I want to get it under cover. The town won't let me build a pole barn, as there is no residence there and its zoned rural residential. Seems that my options are left as a shipping container, or a temporary building of some sort. Anything else you guys have seen used for tractor and implement storage that has worked well?

/ Alternative Storage #2  
Shipping containers are cheap 2 or 3k make sure it has vents, you can get 20 foot high cube 9ft 6in tall

/ Alternative Storage #3  
Boy, that's a tuffy, they want the tax money here so if you want to build its like the bigger the better. I'd have to suggest a container or build something on skids and tell them it's a portable shed. Don't know if you can get buy with that where you live.

/ Alternative Storage #4  
I would go shopping container, easy enough to make a foundation for and get it delivered and set in place.

Use creek gravel or buy the gravel for the foundation, just needs to be flat and drain well.

Just to give you an idea on prices in my area. IMG_9782.JPG

/ Alternative Storage #5  
I would go shopping container, easy enough to make a foundation for and get it delivered and set in place.

Use creek gravel or buy the gravel for the foundation, just needs to be flat and drain well.

Just to give you an idea on prices in my area. View attachment 536345
I do believe this guy is on the right track

/ Alternative Storage #6  
20 years ago I put a standard 40 ft container on my property for the tractor and mowers. Laid a gravel bed and 8 railroad ties for the box to sit on. It worked great over the years, although my 2 year old Kubota L4060 won’t fit in it height wise. I should have gotten the High Cube version.

/ Alternative Storage #7  
20 years ago I put a standard 40 ft container on my property for the tractor and mowers. Laid a gravel bed and 8 railroad ties for the box to sit on. It worked great over the years, although my 2 year old Kubota L4060 won稚 fit in it height wise. I should have gotten the High Cube version.

I don't think they had high cube containers back then 20 years ago:)

/ Alternative Storage #8  
My Kioti in a 40 foot high-cube. Shipping containers are the way to go, if you decide you don't want it they are easily sold.

ShipCon.jpg

/ Alternative Storage
I wonder if the town will let me get one. Do u keep attachments in there too? Did u add any other doors?