Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ?

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #91  
Not trying to beat this dead horse, but Titan Implement is in Decatur, TN. They make most, but not all of their stuff here in TN. I'm from the area and have one of their USA made brush hogs. (Messicks did a video and mentioned the Titan Implement Tiller is imported, but fully supported for example.)

Titan Attachments has much more made in China, but some made in the US like mentioned. I believe they have a warehouse in Memphis, TN, but they are a separate company. The UA line of stuff, and any other specifically is made in the USA, otherwise, it's imported. I reached out and asked for info on where it is manufactured and will update when they respond.

I have a quick attach front bale spear for large square bales and a 3pt trailer hitch, both were made in China for Titan Attachments, but have been great.

My goal is not to talk bad about either one, just clarifying as I've seen many who get the two confused.
Just an update for anyone wanting it, I heard back from Titan Attachments today. Below is the clarification I received. Hopefully it helps to clear up some of the confusion.

Titan Attachments (via FB Messenger):Hello again Adam, I hope you had an amazing weekend. Per our specs team, the UA line is manufactured in the southern US. We source locally for those. All others are various parts of the world, including China and India. That is the most information that I can give out.

Me: Ok. So you guys don't make the UA line, but buy them locally from another US based supplier?

Titan Attachments (via FB Messenger): Yes. That is correct.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #92  
Just an update for anyone wanting it, I heard back from Titan Attachments today. Below is the clarification I received. Hopefully it helps to clear up some of the confusion.
I have their UA forks ("made in usa" sticker); they were pretty enough new (nice looking welds) and have stood up fine to some serious abuse (I was convinced to stop prying boulders out of the ground using their 48" tines so they should have an even brighter future).

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #93  
I’m one of them. So here’s one post.
And I had a landpride grapple, and a blue Diamond Both quality name brands, and they did not come close to comparing to EA.
And if you visit the EA Facebook group, you will find several other people who have switched.
Could you post pictures of the damage the Landpride and Blue Diamond grapples incurred?

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #94  
I have a Landpride SGC1572 Grapple that weighs 922 pounds. It's on my MX5200. It would take some serious effort to damage it.
I know a lot of people love the EA grapple, but I think the Landpride is as good or better.

Andy

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #95  
I have a Landpride SGC1572 Grapple that weighs 922 pounds. It's on my MX5200. It would take some serious effort to damage it.
I know a lot of people love the EA grapple, but I think the Landpride is as good or better.

Andy
922 pounds...
I'm glad you like your grapple.
Enjoy it.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #96  

Andy
An EA 72" "Wicked" grapple weighs 477 pounds.
That is a major (445lb.) load carrying benefit over your 922 pound Landpride

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #97  
Could you post pictures of the damage the Landpride and Blue Diamond grapples incurred?

Just seen this. Sorry
Would be difficult to post pics, since grapples are long ago sold.
Also note in my post, I never mentioned any damage.
I just feel EA makes a superior product.
But since you asked.
The blue Diamond didn’t get damaged at all, it was just way to heavy to be effective and the design of the tines didn’t allow for effective ground engagement for my tasks.
The landpride tines bent, almost every tine bent. yes it still technically worked, but not nearly as well as the EA wicked55.
And I’m not an EA fanboy, i admit, not everyone needs the best made lightweight compact tractor grapple.. but for my uses it worked better than any other brand I tried

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #98  
I’ve had a MTL grapple and forks for about a year. I’ve beaten the grapple hard by ripping out tree trunks and roots. Nothing has been damaged yet.
I have a 47 hp that weighs about 6,500 to 7,000 lbs with filled tires and skidding winch and the loader can almost lift the rear up. Grapple still won’t break.
Bought it for less than a $1,000 plus they had them in stock.

My only problem was that I ordered the wrong one. Realized what happened and emailed to cancel. Gentlemen called and asked how he could help. After explaining what happened, he said he would change the order.
I received the original grapple that I tried to cancel. Called and talked to them. I was about to leave for Alaska and I didn’t have time to exchange. So I received about a $350 discount. (So only cost me about $600)
turned out okay anyway 😁

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #99  
If you can wait 8-10 months to get it, you probably don't need it. You're probably just jumping on the bandwagon for the ride. And they'll probably change the design after you get yours. Enjoy. 😎

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #100  
Ordered my 60" EA Xtreme Tractor Root Rake Grapple 60 Inch for $2689.00 on 3/2/21.

I received my grapple on 5/28/21. Well worth the wait.

I see the price for the 60" Xtreme grapple is now $3112.00 :oops:

Last edited: