Am I crazy? Chalky oil in crankcase - 1 Hr old - Husqvarna ZTR

/ Am I crazy? Chalky oil in crankcase - 1 Hr old - Husqvarna ZTR #11  
Water couldn't get in through either of my JD ZTRs unless they were submerged. I don't see the issue whether he checked the oil or not before he started it. Heck, he could have checked it and not seen that it had H2O in it. They would be replacing it for me.

/ Am I crazy? Chalky oil in crankcase - 1 Hr old - Husqvarna ZTR #12  
That is a tough one, I would ask the dealer to swap it, or have the mfg extend the warranty and explain that it was "normal". Yea you should check the oil, but I think having it come new full of water trumps that:)

Best,

ed

/ Am I crazy? Chalky oil in crankcase - 1 Hr old - Husqvarna ZTR #13  
Looks like water in the oil.
Send it in to Blackstone? Send it to me and I'll agree "there's water in it". But where did it come from. Mr dealer, please find out. If I had wanted a sample, I would do so, then take it in.

/ Am I crazy? Chalky oil in crankcase - 1 Hr old - Husqvarna ZTR #14  
@Doug_D
If the owner didn't have it stored outside then it happened at the dealer prior to sale. 1 hour of operation, but how long did the friend have possession?
It really sounds like he should insist on a replacement mower or engine.

/ Am I crazy? Chalky oil in crankcase - 1 Hr old - Husqvarna ZTR #15  
Knowing that oil floats on water - do you REALLY think that checking the dipstick before operating would have caught this. Remember - the dipstick only extends an inch or so below the surface of the oil.

If the dealer does not agree to a replacement - move right on up the chain of command. If the situation gets **** - hire an attorney.

/ Am I crazy? Chalky oil in crankcase - 1 Hr old - Husqvarna ZTR
It was in my buddy's shed for a couple of days. There is so much "non-oil" product, it is obvious it was delivered with a crankcase full. I am still blown away by the dealers response.

/ Am I crazy? Chalky oil in crankcase - 1 Hr old - Husqvarna ZTR #17  
Something's wrong with this picture. A brand new mower should not have water in the engine unless it was in one of last year's hurricanes and is a salvage machine. I once took a Troy-bilt off somebody's junk pile, which had water in the crankcase from setting outside for several years. I had to change the oil several times before it stayed clear. It wasn't a brand new machine though.
I would be pushing for answers, and wouldn't buy anything more from a dealr who says it's normal for a new engine to have water in the crankcase.

/ Am I crazy? Chalky oil in crankcase - 1 Hr old - Husqvarna ZTR #18  
I have received a hand full with water from box stores over the years. Most likely just from setting on the lot exposed to the elements going through hot and cold cycles like gas cans and condensation.

/ Am I crazy? Chalky oil in crankcase - 1 Hr old - Husqvarna ZTR #19  
that's insane, to me the dealer knows they are at fault and trying to cover their mistake... that's brutal... you don't have to check the oil when its brand new it comes from the dealer its their responsibility to sell you a machine ready for use. I agree with dirttoys at the very least extend the warranty for at least a year id expect the warranty to be extended until the end of next summer, but the way the dealer is responding id tell them to take it back and refund me and id go somewhere else but they would never do that...

I would tell you friend to call Husqvarna and file a complain about the dealer and explain them the situation and what they can do for him.