Dealer Am I expecting too much from my dealer?

/ Am I expecting too much from my dealer? #1  

digirolad

Tractor
Ford 8N
On Monday I signed the papers to buy a new Kioti CK3510SE and as the dealer was going through the itemizations he said that he did not have the one add-item that I was looking for, a third function valve kit. He said that the computer system was down with Kioti and he couldn't order it right yet. I called him on Wednesday and the system was still down. He was expecting the third function valve to be available in about a week.
So I call another dealer and he has a unit in stock, he's about an hour from my dealer. I called my dealer and asked him if he could go pick it up. He just said that the other dealer could mail it and it wouldn't be here for four or five days approximately when his unit would be here. He told me that if I wanted to go pick it up and bring it to him he would install it. It's an hour and a half drive one way for me and then another hour to the dealer.
I would have thought he found that he didn't have a kit in stock that he would have immediately called other dealers to see if somebody had a valve kit and would send it to him to be replaced later. Apparently things don't work that way.
Am I expecting too much from this dealer? He was really great during the whole buying process and helped me out an awful lot, and I don't want to get this relationship off on a bad foot. But it looks like I am not going to have the tractor for approximately two weeks after I sign the papers on it.
What do y'all think?

/ Am I expecting too much from my dealer? #2  
Maybe he stole that other dealer's girlfriend so doesn't reach out for help as a first move? :D But sad to say, in this day and age, finding people that can actually break out of their routine to solve problems is increasingly rare. I don't think you're expecting too much, but you're expecting him to think an extra few days is worth the trouble.

/ Am I expecting too much from my dealer? #3  
It took about a week to get my new tractor delivered, I was like a child awaiting Christmas.....a new tractor after 40 years with my trusty Ferguson. I tried not to be too impatient, like you, I felt like I was treated very well on the sale, and they didn't cash my check until I took possession.
You are probably better off keeping the relationship with the dealer friendly.

/ Am I expecting too much from my dealer? #4  
Most dealers try and resolve matters in-house. They are independent. Unless, they are part of a group.

A car dealer isn't going to call around to OTHER dealers for some accessory.

And then there is always the matter of what pricing you offer another dealer (sometimes competitor). Some simply offer retail pricing. Hey, you want it or don't you? So now what? Do you mark that up and sell it to your customer?

/ Am I expecting too much from my dealer? #5  
Just be patient and keep a friendly relationship with your dealer.

It's not that the dealers can have all the tractors in stock with all the extras that a buyer may or may not want. Tractors take time to setup and get ready to delivery.

/ Am I expecting too much from my dealer? #6  
Yes....

/ Am I expecting too much from my dealer? #8  
I just bought a M59 ( used ) and made the dealer install a 3rd function kit. I was kinda disappointed when I got it and it just had caps on it, no couplings.

/ Am I expecting too much from my dealer? #9  
Keep your relationship with the dealer on friendly terms. The third function kit is an expensive accessory. When I got my brand new 2009 Kubota M6040 I had to wait about ten days for the dealer to order, get & instal the kit. He had the Land Pride grapple on the lot.

/ Am I expecting too much from my dealer? #10  
Just bought a pickup this week, well took delivery. They were to add trailer brake controller on it and had to order it. Was couple of days after I picked up the pickup was called it was in. Yes was disappointed it was not installed but it was understandable.

Understand your disappointment but think you were expecting too much from the dealer as has been pointed out dealer with it in stock could be anything but his friend. It would concern me for Kioti system to be down that long more wondering is that were real or an excuse.