Amazon created a concrete shortage

/ Amazon created a concrete shortage #71  
What does an empty mall have to do with Amazon distribution?
I think the point trying to be made is that all retailers come and go and leave huge empty buildings behind eventually. They are predicting Amazon will be no different in X years (no one knows when).

/ Amazon created a concrete shortage #72  
Malls, k-marts, shopco, jc penney, Montgomery Wards, sears, radio shack, toys r us, ........lots of things change...and will continue to change.

/ Amazon created a concrete shortage #73  
All those stores that have been mentioned lasted more than a lifetime. So maybe Amazon has another 60+/- years before it goes defunct too? It’s probably a little premature to worry about what happens to the building after it closes.

/ Amazon created a concrete shortage #74  
What does an empty mall have to do with Amazon distribution?

a better question is.....what DOESN'T it have to do with Amazon. Look closely and think hard......

/ Amazon created a concrete shortage #75  
a better question is.....what DOESN'T it have to do with Amazon. Look closely and think hard......
It has nothing to do with Amazon failing and abandoning their distribution center.

/ Amazon created a concrete shortage #76  
I think the point trying to be made is that all retailers come and go and leave huge empty buildings behind eventually. They are predicting Amazon will be no different in X years (no one knows when).
Almost every business ends at one time or another. Why is this even a discussion?

/ Amazon created a concrete shortage #78  
Most local retailers demise is of their own fault. Small businesses still operate as if it’s 1970. They are closed when I drive to work in the morning, and closed when I drive home in late afternoon. So I shop at Wally World and other big boxes because they are actually open in the evenings when I have time to shop. I hear the same story from many other folks. Busy people often don’t have time to shop during the hours of 8-5. We can’t buy anything from a business that is closed.
They don't have the lobby power. It's all tied to a social construct. I'd argue that we need to look more at where society is heading than at business models.

/ Amazon created a concrete shortage #79  
Try living in the PNW where there are so many many projects demanding every cement truck AND the cement workers are on strike.

/ Amazon created a concrete shortage #80  
Cities are already looking at that to fill the gap from vacant office and retail space.
Yeah. That's cities. Amazon distribution centers tend to be outside city cores: I have no opinion on this.