Amsoil 100:1

/ Amsoil 100:1 #21  
I have alway wondered when people have problems with a product that they think caused a failure, do they really know what caused the failure? I don't know the answer, but I wonder if you really know if it caused the failure or not.

My take is if people REALLY had issues here they would consult Amsoil and get them to pay. If they did not, they did NOT follow the rules or use the propduct as noted.

the person above saying I am "extremely naive" did not read the above..:confused2:

/ Amsoil 100:1 #22  
Check my statement on Page 2.
Shop owner informed Amsoil that their product cause my problem. They walked away from the problem and would not pay. He had them take the product back and never sold it again. Their product may be better now than it was back then. I'm not brave enough to try it again though.

/ Amsoil 100:1 #23  
Sounds like you have something against amsoil..While I don't have a racing gocart. my back pack blower, trimmers, chain saws, (forgot to mention) are commerical grade & weren't cheep

Yes I do have something against Amsoil. When I used it mixed 100 to 1 my racing kart, the engine seized. When I used Yamalube at the recommended mixture, it didn't seize. Given that experience with Amsoil, should I be pleased with Amsoil? :confused2:

/ Amsoil 100:1
Well I tryed it out this last weekend. I mixed it at about 75:1 and ran it in my Lawnboy. It is suppose to run 32:1. It always smoked like crazy, and the oil mixture always seemed to rich, to the point is spit oil out the muffler. I only ran it about 10 minutes with the Amsoil mix so I'll see how it goes this season.

/ Amsoil 100:1 #25  
Check my statement on Page 2.
Shop owner informed Amsoil that their product cause my problem. They walked away from the problem and would not pay. He had them take the product back and never sold it again. Their product may be better now than it was back then. I'm not brave enough to try it again though.

Well then you did not for Amsoil rules and inform there. In 25 years on know it, use it, dealer of it (not no) Amsoil has had (1) payout due to it.

/ Amsoil 100:1 #26  
Well I tryed it out this last weekend. I mixed it at about 75:1 and ran it in my Lawnboy. It is suppose to run 32:1. It always smoked like crazy, and the oil mixture always seemed to rich, to the point is spit oil out the muffler. I only ran it about 10 minutes with the Amsoil mix so I'll see how it goes this season.

First problem, lawnboy...next question.! LOL

I use it in >$2,000 in lawn stuff and it works just fine at 100:1.

/ Amsoil 100:1 #27  
Yes I do have something against Amsoil. When I used it mixed 100 to 1 my racing kart, the engine seized. When I used Yamalube at the recommended mixture, it didn't seize. Given that experience with Amsoil, should I be pleased with Amsoil? :confused2:

Yea we know...and I have a hard time beliveing it. Why??? since did you follow Amsoil rules? I have read many posts on Amsoil did this and that and 99% of the time it had zero to do with engine oil or their product. Did you post the UOA from the failure? Maintaince records? What failed? Inform Amosil? I could keep going..

Not a dealer no care but in the years using it, and other Commerical forums, I think it was not Amsoil related.

Heck, I have used Amsoil in cars that are NOT to have extended drains and been fine at 2+X the drain interval..using normal filteration.

/ Amsoil 100:1 #28  
Run the ratio that the manufacturer calls for. It is cheaper than replacing a seized engine.

df.

/ Amsoil 100:1 #29  
Yea we know...and I have a hard time beliveing it. Why??? since did you follow Amsoil rules? I have read many posts on Amsoil did this and that and 99% of the time it had zero to do with engine oil or their product. Did you post the UOA from the failure? Maintaince records? What failed? Inform Amosil? I could keep going..

Not a dealer no care but in the years using it, and other Commerical forums, I think it was not Amsoil related.

Heck, I have used Amsoil in cars that are NOT to have extended drains and been fine at 2+X the drain interval..using normal filteration.

The genius speaks:laughing:

/ Amsoil 100:1
My dealer is a firefighter, and they use the 100:1 in all the chop saws at the fire station. He swears by it.