AMSoil Experiences with Cars & Trucks

/ AMSoil Experiences with Cars & Trucks #11  
I use Amsoil in my cars and trucks, plus the engines of my B2410 and 2- BX's. I use their gear oil in my snowblowers and mowers, as well as front axles.

The only exception is hydro oil. Based on previous experience with non-Bota hydro fluid, I only use SUDT in my hydro units.

/ AMSoil Experiences with Cars & Trucks #12  
Guys,

It's time to do the gearbox fluid on my BX2360 and there are a lot of good indications that AMSoil would be an excellent choice.

I"m actually considering switching my truck and car to AMSoil as well and am interested on hearing from others that may be running this oil in their vehicles. I believe both would run a 5W-30 synthetic. Right now I am using Mobil 5W-30 synthetic in our BMW and straight 5W-30 in my truck. The car has 125K on it and the truck 50k. Both motors are in excellent condition.

Why the change? I've been fairly impressed with literature on AMSoil, and have had some great discussions with the local reps.

I would also look at schaffers products,oil & grease.Good prooduct IMHO.I have been useing it for many years.coobie

/ AMSoil Experiences with Cars & Trucks #13  
I run Amsoil in all my vehicles. The Mrs and I cover lots of miles, in the gassers I change the filter and top off the oil every 7500 miles, change oil and filter every 15000 miles. For us that is over 4 filter and 2 oil changes a year, over 150K miles and no issues. In my diesel, it is oil and filter changes every 10-15K miles depending on what I am doing. I am at 250K miles on that car and still running strong.

/ AMSoil Experiences with Cars & Trucks #14  
Its a good oil but not noticeably better than any other quality synthetic oil like Castrol, Mobil 1, ect.

Personally for things like tractors, boats, ect I do not run synthetics. I have 75 or more gas and diesel engines I maintain and have found that it does not pay because I change low use items like this yearly or about 75 hours on average. I would change it no matter what at the one year mark just to have fresh fluids in them.

Chris

/ AMSoil Experiences with Cars & Trucks #15  
I run Amsoil in all my vehicles. The Mrs and I cover lots of miles, in the gassers I change the filter and top off the oil every 7500 miles, change oil and filter every 15000 miles. For us that is over 4 filter and 2 oil changes a year, over 150K miles and no issues. In my diesel, it is oil and filter changes every 10-15K miles depending on what I am doing. I am at 250K miles on that car and still running strong.

That defintely sounds like you are doing well with Amsoil..I wasn't downing it, I was not a dealer. It would not stay in my Ford taurus, 3.0 v-6 and other oil would. If I use any synthetic oil I feel like it is helping the operation. Our cars were built for dyno oil and synthetic gets better mileage on fuel and changes..I am not sure of warrantys when you stretch the changes, beyond MFR. specs? I do replace the oil filter in-between changes..

/ AMSoil Experiences with Cars & Trucks #16  
How many of those using Amsoil joined in their pyramid scheme and became dealers? That was one of the main things that turned me off to Amsoil.

/ AMSoil Experiences with Cars & Trucks #17  
I have used Amsoil extensively, and I would compare it to any of the higher quality synthetics... or vise-versa!
Synthetics don't break down or "go bad" with age (they don't evaporate their ingredients), they don't absorb moisture, and they maintain a more consistent viscosity through a broader temperature range!
Start a car at -15 or below with standard oil, then switch to synthetic and start the same car at the same temp or colder and you will see one obvious benefit! And again in a warmer environment it will not "thin" as much as organic oils loosing lubricating properties.
The ability to leave the oil in the car for a year is due to the chemical stability of the oil and increased detergents to keep things from varnishing... that said, regular oil filter changes are still recommended and required!
(drain oil to a CLEAN container... put in a new filter and return the used oil adding the required amount of new oil to top up)

I wouldn't hesitate to do this with any of the quality synthetics! Amsoil included!
In fact if I'm not mistaken Amsoil and Royal Purple warranty their products for a full years usage... probably with their own filters but that's still a bold move for a product... especially if it is not up to the task with a considerable safety margin!

MHO based on real world experience and extensive research prior to using synthetics in several pieces of equipment I have maintained both personally and professionally!

/ AMSoil Experiences with Cars & Trucks #18  
Pale FX--In fact if I'm not mistaken Amsoil and Royal Purple warranty their products for a full years usage... probably with their own filters but that's still a bold move for a product??
Yea and try to collect on that Warranty......:laughing:

/ AMSoil Experiences with Cars & Trucks #19  
How many of those using Amsoil joined in their pyramid scheme and became dealers? That was one of the main things that turned me off to Amsoil.

As much as I have tried to ignore this last comment, I can't.

Making comments like this about how it is marketed has no bearing on the products performance. For your information Pyramid schemes are illegal in the USA and many other countries. Companies that operate like that do not last for 40 yrs and have companies like Wix, Donaldson, Mann Filters, Briggs & Stratton as corporate partners.

AMSOIL is a legitimate networks marketing company.

/ AMSoil Experiences with Cars & Trucks #20  
Very few oil companies, if any, offer their own warranty program. AMSOIL does because AMSOIL is confident in the quality and performance capabilities of its products.

December 8, 2011 - Announcement

Briggs & Stratton, the world’s largest manufacturer of small engines, approached AMSOIL for help. Their goal was to produce a synthetic racing oil for their highest performance and most expensive engines used in kart, junior drag, quarter midget and other racing applications. AMSOIL was specifically chosen because of our technical resources and quality reputation, and we delivered technology that exceeded expectations.

This new oil will be sold exclusively through Briggs & Stratton, and the company has announced its availability in early 2012 for the upcoming racing season. They have elected to boldly display an AMSOIL logo on the packaging to boost the credibility of the product.