angle grinder discs

/ angle grinder discs #21  
ust not sure about the cost versus use ratio.
use 'em right and they last for what seems an impossible duration.
Problem you described is people in a shop where you can't be dead certain that they will use 'em right and instead you may have gorillas who lean on things and that's going to shorten their life.
If everyone in the shop treated the equipment as if they were the owners that'd be different. But then it'd be different if there really was a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

/ angle grinder discs #22  
Less expensive in quantity Mr. Berry The one item I use a lot of are 4.5" thin kerf cut off discs. Gotten to the point where I'll reach for the angle grinder with a cutoff disc instead of fighting with a corroded fastener. So much easier to 'amputate' it versus soaking it with PB or ATF/acetone. Just whack it off and replace it so I buy them at HF in the 10 pack.

/ angle grinder discs #23  
I was just wondering what a case or carton was and how much would be saved with a better wheel. I see a carton is a 10 pack from HF.
How much would a guy save in a year if they cost 3x as much snd last 2x as long?

/ angle grinder discs #24  
I tried some HF abrasives and won't again. Lots of dust and little cutting, now I need to replace it since its worn out.

/ angle grinder discs #25  
I was just wondering what a case or carton was and how much would be saved with a better wheel. I see a carton is a 10 pack from HF.
How much would a guy save in a year if they cost 3x as much snd last 2x as long?
Never penciled it out actually. Far as dust from any abrasive or cut off wheel Arly, they all generate dust and fine metal particles when abrading. Part of what they do.

Heck, I have a couple bulk cartons of Milwaukee 4.5's and several 9" depressed center ones too. Picked up the Milwaukee discs at a machinery auction (always been an auction junkie) for peanuts.

/ angle grinder discs #26  
Never penciled it out actually. Far as dust from any abrasive or cut off wheel Arly, they all generate dust and fine metal particles when abrading. Part of what they do.
If a disk is cutting well, it produces less dust from the disc being consumed.

/ angle grinder discs #27  
If a disk is cutting well, it produces less dust from the disc being consumed.
Somewhat but the swarf is still produced anyway so the degradation of the abrasive is really inconsequential anyway and all that really does it accelerate the change out time. Not something I worry about. Still have to sweep the floor no matter what I'm grinding on.

/ angle grinder discs #28  
one item I use a lot of are 4.5" thin kerf cut off discs ... I buy them at HF in the 10 pack.
Better hurry.

I see they are on closeout, five for $3, and no longer available at one of the stores I visit.

I tried Makita cutoff discs - Five for $12, from Amazon - thinking they might cut faster than HF.

Those didn't seem to cut any faster.

Looks like Makita's claimed 'Cuts 2-3X more' is durability, not how fast it eats metal.

/ angle grinder discs #30  
The guy at fireball tool did a ting with slitting disks and endurance. He found that if you take it real easy on them they cut fine and last longer.

Life is too short. Dewalt Silver metal cutting disks: they last longer with less dust, and are less likely to explode when time is of the essence and junk needs to be cut. For example, the last job I was on this summer we were getting paid $95 an hour but we were there to get that job back on schedule so messing around with slow tools was not on our radar.