Snow Attachments angle plow

/ angle plow #1  

pyobluebonus

Tractor
kubota L5740
I own a Kubota L5740 with a third function valve. I have a snow plow frame that i want to add angle cylinders to. I'm not sure how to pipe the cylinders to the third function valve. could some one help with a diagram from both angle cylinders to the third function on the tractor. Thank you

/ angle plow #2  
You'll need a crossover valve, 2 single action cylinders, 4 hoses and your QD fittings to match the third function.

1 line from the 3rd function to "A" on the crossover, the other to the "B" port.

"C" and "D" come out of the crossover and go the the cylinders.

If you got something the crossover dumps pressure to the opposite side and keeps from blowing or breaking something.

/ angle plow #3  
Don't need a cross over but highly recommended.I have one on mine after a couple years with-out.As stated pretty simple one line to each cylinder from the tractor;when you get a cross over;just a simple in and out with short hoses.
Will try to up load a picture. Check Surplus Center for a cross-over.

Attachments

• 20201230_143058.jpg
    20201230_143058.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 243
   / angle plow #4  
You need to google “underslung” on this forum and you’ll find everything you need.

I am nearing completion on my build and purchased this cushion valve from Surplus Center. I got the notion from another member here that put it through its paces with success. You’ll likely need a flow restrictor to or the plow is likely to swing to fast. If you go this route I can find the ones I ordered later on.

1/2 NPT 3 GPM 15-3 PSI Hydraulic Cushion Valve Prince Mfg DRV-4HH | Relief & Cushion Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

/ angle plow #5  
Big Boys Toys! lol
8AB7C8D8-C900-4753-9C2E-C4F29BBB4F26.jpg

/ angle plow #6  
None of the above for me and for the last 3 years has worked just fine. It's a 10 foot retired county plow.
100_0006.JPG

/ angle plow #7  
It will work fine without the cross over relief until you catch the edge of the blade on something. The relief will allow the blade to angle, likely preventing damage, either mechanical or hydraulic.
Not required to function “normally”, but cheap insurance against the abnormal.

/ angle plow #8  
I'd really recommend the crossover. It's cheap insurance.

The weak link in most plows and tractors is the hoses. Hit something with the edge and hoses go pop.

Do you really want to be out plowing....on a weekend....several feet of snow....and break down. And nowhere open til Monday to get a new hose made....all to save $75?